• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life draining fast

azaria93

Lurker
Oct 1, 2015
Hi my battery life on my s6 has been draining fast I'm not even getting 3 hours of SoT time not really sure why. I've done what the battery sticky thread has said to do but still no improvement. Screen is on 25% most of the time.

uploadfromtaptalk1443686061515.png

uploadfromtaptalk1443686078011.png

uploadfromtaptalk1443686099213.png

uploadfromtaptalk1443686111179.png

36d6b073d0644251bb8687a16b80f1e2.jpg

Last edited:
do you have Location on? Go to Settings > Privacy and Safety > Click Location. If you have this on is there any apps in the location requests section?

I had Weather Channel app in there and the location was marked as "High". I took that meaning the app was using my location like crazy so I uninstalled it. Call me crazy but I was desperate for better battery life.

BTW I still keep Location on. Battery is fine now.

Upvote 0
Nothing other then staying connected and checking my fb and twitter

Stupid question, but how often are you checking it?

Also, is sync activated? As well as smart stay and nfc?

My s6 lasts the whole work day until I get home. That's 10 hours+ and i tend to play with my phone including battery draining games like ingress.

And, uh, you do have power saving activated right?

Upvote 0
I have the same battery drain issue. Before upgrading to the S6, I had the Note 3 for the past 2 years and had no battery problems at all. I'm using the S6 exactly the same way as I used the Note 3 ... it's basically in my pocket the whole time. I hardly ever text, make calls, or anything but my battery is 20% before lunch.

for the past two weeks, I've tried everything but I'm running out of time because Verizon only allows a 14-day window to evaluate a phone.

I went to Verizon the rep took my phone "backstage" for about 10 minutes and then came back to say I need to keep closing my apps ... they are the problem. Why didn't I need to do this for my Note 3? Since I left the Verizon store, my phone has rebooted on it's own 5 or 6 times.

I read the story above but I don't see any real answer. What is going on here?

Upvote 0
I had no problems for 6 months and then my S6 started draining really fast. I did a factory reset and added back apps a few at a time to find the culprit. Turns out it was the WiFi at my office. We have 2 and the one I was using was causing my phone to constantly search and try to connect. I switched to the other WiFi network and I'm getting great battery life again. All of my previous apps are installed. If there are other WiFi networks where you are, give them a try and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
If it's the phone, I'd be having the same issue with WiFi Network #2.

I did think about it a sec but that is all ;)

Hundreds, and possibly thousands, of people are complaining about their S6 having intermittent wi-fi connectivity*. Are there also hundreds of people complaining about that "faulty" wi-fi where you work?

Look, my S6 is only 3 weeks old and, like hundreds of other people, my S6 has (a) random, unsolicited, and frequent rebooting, (2) extreme heat when charging (3) horrible battery consumption by Android OS, (4) constant "location searching", (5) and shaky fingerprint recognition.

I trust any old router a thousand times more than the S6.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
After reading this thread I believe it to be a hardware issue. Initially when I got my s6 (company provided) it worked fine, after the automatic updates from AT&T the phone started to drain down like crazy. Unplug it with a full charge and within a couple hours it is down to 60%. This wasn't the case before... I could have the phone unplugged nearly all day and make it home and not have to charge it. Now... i'm charging the darn thing by lunch or immediately after. POS! Thinking about going a different direction with this POS. The bad thing is I pushed to get an Android at work because I despise iphones and that is what 99.9% of the company users have. DAMN!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones