Battery life for you guys?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ejl2010, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I just got my Droid today and had to charge it up for the first time. I unplugged it 3 hours ago and I wanted to know how you guys were fairing with battery life.

Maybe post duration and the the primary use during the charge (ie, watching videos, browsing youtube all day, etc)

I figured with general postings it might help people who think their battery isn't working properly.

Thanks guys and I'll post when I'm out of batteries!

Advertisement

2. Zippster

Zippster Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Buffalo NY
    Tough to tell today as I really put the beast to work all day, gonna have to wait until I get more "normal" usage to know.

3. CWasko36

CWasko36 Member

Nov 6, 2009
    It seemed that my first couple charges had a pretty short battery life. I'm on my third charge right now and if I check the settings, it has been on for 6 hours with only 30% left. My activity on the phone was about an hour of internet/email and two quick phone calls (< 5 min). I'm surprised about the length since that was one of the positives on most reviews. Two other things that I wanted to get feedback on from others:

- Does anyone else's Droid get very warm after normal usage? It is very noticable after going online or making a call. This is on the back of the phone and the physical keyboard.
    - Is there a way to charge with the phone off? Everytime I plug in the charge it turns the phone on. I prefer to charge with it off since I don't want to leave my phone on at night and it generally charges faster when it is off.

4. Chico

Chico Member

Nov 6, 2009
    My phone got pretty warm today also. On the back side by the camera.

My battery life also was pretty crappy today, but I have been using the phone a crap load since I got it. I am on my 3rd charge on it since I got it around 9 this morning.

I have the 3g watch app on the phone and was kinda wondering if that uses allot of the battery also.

I also will not get a good assement of the phones battery life till a few days from now. The phone is new to me and I am still tring to figure everything out and download a bunch of apps. Once the newness (not sure if that is even a word) of the phone wheres off for me and I just go back to normal usage, I will get a better judgement of the battery.

5. blakepilot

blakepilot Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    I've been working with it non-stop today. I had it on the car charger for maybe a total of 1.5 hours around town (lots of traffic today :(), got it about 3/4 full battery, been sitting around playing with it ever since I got home, and still have around 1/2 battery left. I'm impressed. The same usage on my BlackBerry Bold would be almost dead by now. I was having to charge the BlackBerry twice a day on normal usage.

6. fearthepanthers03

Nov 4, 2009
    I've been told with new electronics it's best to let the battery almost drain, then fully charge the battery and do that 4-6 times before you can figure out the battery life.

It's called "conditioning" the battery I believe. I let mine hit 10% today and then I charged it to 100% and now I'm letting it go back down to 10% or so before I charge it back up.

I also have Taskiller, which I'll kill the applications after I use them, that helps with the battery. I'm assuming I'll get around a day or two with a full charge and moderate use.

7. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    also, let it sit on the charger an extra hour or so after it hits 100% so it fills in empty pockets in the battery.

8. RoundMan

RoundMan Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I am sure most of you may know this already, but if you go to Settings>About Phone>Battery Use, the phone will tell you which feature has been used and its percentage of the battery used. I believe this is reading of what is used between charges and can be refreshed.

9. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Data Tech
    Chicago, IL
    QFT.
    You'll have to give it a few days of charging and depleting to get an accurate idea of how well the battery life is going to be.