Battery Life gpsd?Support

Last Updated:

1. dottymama

dottymama Member

Hi
    The battery life on my Note seems to have suddenly got really poor, and also, it is taking a age to fully recharge the phone.

I looked under Settings/Battery and something called gpsd is eating loads of power. What is gpsd? What can I do to stop it? It's only started doing it in the last few days.

Please, can I ask for answers in language I'll understand. I'm not a techy!

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. richard257

richard257 Member

Just a guess but that might mean your gps is turned on.
  3. dottymama

dottymama Member

Hi thanks, I have already turned gps off but the gpsd is still at 58% .
  4. Raj Sekhar

Raj Sekhar Well-Known Member

Gpsd is gps demon
    Even though you turned off the gps,it might have stuck and stays continously on
    Try killing all the apps that use gps(like maps,navigation and so on)
    If it doesnt solve your problem,install better battery stats and you can find the culprit
    dottymama likes this.
  5. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I had this for the first time yesterday and googled to find that Maps was the problem. I killed Maps in Settings>Apps and the booted down, removed the battery for 30 seconds and rebooted. All has been fine since. HTH.
  6. dottymama

dottymama Member

Hi
    I have killed maps, and turned off gps but gpsd is still saying 48% on the battery. Sorry to be really thick but when you say 'booted down' do you mean, turned the phone off and then on again?
    I'm just starting to wonder if i need to do a factory reset to fix this. It's very annoying.
  7. Raj Sekhar

Previously it was 58 and now its 48
    The percentage is gradually decreasing
    Clear the battery stats in recovery so that you can clearly know whether the problem got solved or not
  8. dottymama

dottymama Member

Right, i will try that. How do i clear the battery stats in recovery?
  9. Raj Sekhar

If you are unrooted and have a stock recovery,i dont know whether you have this option in recovery,but try this
    Turn off your phone
    Hold vol up+home button+power button for some time and you will enter recovery mode
    If you are rooted and have cwm recovery,you will see "advanced" option there(not sure if it was in stock recovery)
    In advanced selcet wipe battery stats and you are done
    Dont touch any other options if you dont know about recovery mode

If you feel it difficult to understand,simply charge your phone to 90% or more and remove the charger..All the battery stats will be wiped
    Hope i helped you
    dottymama likes this.