Battery life has gone from 26hrs to 12....Support

Last Updated:

1. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As most, the battery life built up initially over many charges, and once I learned the Power Off trick, that put me able to go ~24 hrs before I even turned orange. That was with good usage, plus turning off mobile data @ work due to the low signal.

Now I'm noticing that I can barely go about 12 hours of hardly any use. I've removed widgets and such as I hear that can hurt things, but I can't believe that's it. I don't know, but now it's becoming something I really have to remain conscious of instead of just putting it on the charger each day once, and that sucks. Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. cmelton

cmelton Member

I saw a similar drop in the last couple days and I have started uninstalling some applications that have updated lately to see if I can catch the culprit. My current number one suspect is Layar as that sticks in my head as having been the most recent update since my battery life tanked, and it has the most access of any recently updated application. I also uninstalled a couple games that I didn't play.

3. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I found some similar issues that I haven't been able to track down. But do this, check your awake time vs. up time. Make sure that when you turn off the phone (not power down, simply display off) that your awake time does not increase dramatically. If it does, then there is an issue of what is keeping it awake. I can't figure it out, but if I actually power down the phone and then back on again the problem goes away. Just curious if that is one of your issues.

4. Steel36

Doesn't seem to be an awake time issue. And I wasn't a widget hog or anything, just had a few going. Something major has happened, and maybe it is an update like Layar or something.

I'll keep trying different things and report back.

5. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

How has you local weather been?

I know we have had storms and etc the last few days and I know one day the phone was struggling to keep 3g all day,, and it did not help the battery life.

6. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem... something is eating my battery and I'm having trouble tracking down what.

7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I think you're at a point where you need to list your apps and have the users check it out.

8. gripweed

gripweed Well-Known Member

What's the 'power off trick'?

9. Steel36

The "power trick" is simply powering the phone down to completely charge it. Seems to be worthwhile every week or so.

Progress: Now we're talking. After removing Astrid's widget and stopping the process upon removing the phone from the charger cable, I'm now at 24+ hours with 5 battery bars still showing green.

After I put it back on to recharge this afternoon I intend to restart the Astrid widget and see what happens. It may be some sort of thing that builds up overtime and requires stopping the app occasionally, as I didn't notice a sudden drop when I first started using it.

We'll see.