Battery life improvement with time, or reduced activity?

Last Updated:

1. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, like others have mentioned in this forum, my Droid has started to get noticeably better battery life. I'm definitely lasting the entire day now, and I think I could go longer if I didn't work in a building with spotty reception at best (constantly switching back and forth from 1X to 3G with 1 bar). Conceivably, I'm not installing as many applications on the phone as I did in the first 1-2 weeks of ownership (I'm on week 2.5) so I'm not hitting the battery as much. But, what I'm really wondering about is if you guys think that a background backup process is running during the first few days (and after new app installations) that eats up battery power. Once the Droid reaches a 'steady' state, the backup process isn't running anymore and the Droid can last longer on a single charge. Does this sound reasonable or am I reaching...or just plain wrong. In which case, why is the battery lasting longer into the day. From my recollection, LiIon batteries don't have a memory affect so cycling them in is unnecessary. Thanks for the listen.

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

3. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

4. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kbayer. Yeah, I'd read the manual on battery life and followed their recommendations. But I just couldn't imagine that cycling the battery would result in that much of an improvement. Then again, there's always this blog post from another thread on the forum.

5. JeffU

JeffU New Member

Mine has definitely been able to hold a charge now as compared to the first couple weeks i had it. Most likely due to the lack of downloading new apps but probably also due to the many cycles that have run through the battery like kbayer said