• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life is awful - ZTE Zmax Pro

yknujssab

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2012
BakersHELL, CA
Battery life sucks. Just saying that it sucks. Wish it would go all day long. Not even a heavy user.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170222-150335.png
    Screenshot_20170222-150335.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 874
  • Screenshot_20170222-150353.png
    Screenshot_20170222-150353.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 856
Mine lasts a day (5am to 1am), with 6-7 hrs on screen time. 4-5 hours if location (gps) is on. But sometimes (rarely), I have noticed that when I have sync on it destroys the battery and it drains like crazy but every time I notice it, I restart the phone and the discharge rate becomes normal again.
I'll post a screenshot of my battery life tomorrow.
And OP if you keep getting battery life like your screenshot, get it replaced, the battery lasts a lot longer (generally)

Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0
I just got rid of the Facebook App which was a big battery sucker. I can still use face book through my browser and still receive notifications. Battery life has improved. I'm looking to identify other apps which may be affecting battery life.
How were you able to do that since it's baked into the phon.. Al I did was disable it

Reactions: dubdiablo77
Upvote 0
I just got rid of the Facebook App which was a big battery sucker. I can still use face book through my browser and still receive notifications. Battery life has improved. I'm looking to identify other apps which may be affecting battery life.
Would the facebook app show usage? There are days,like today, that I don't use that app much. But the battery still sucks.

Upvote 0
onematI just got rid of the Facebook App which was a big battery sucker. I can still use face book through my browser and still receive notifications. Battery life has improved. I'm looking to identify other apps which may be affecting battery life.
How were you able to do that since it's baked into the phon.. Al I did was disable it

Upvote 0
I don't have any issues with battery life. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user either although I do use my phone all day whether to listen to music or a podcast or watch stuff on Youtube but I'm always texting all day or reading garbage on Twitter. My phone is usually always doing something and I've never had a problem getting through the day, hell I usually don't have a problem with getting through 2 days. 3 days is pretty sketch though if it's been a busy couple days but I usually charge everyday anyway unless I'm away from home and I have no means to charge it or I just forget. I don't know what could cause your battery life to be THAT bad other than just outright defective battery. My friend who also has this phone and actually plays games on it among other things doesn't have this problem either.

Upvote 0
Facebook didnt come pre-installed on my zmax pro. Anyway,I do notice some improvement when FB and messenger are uninstalled. You cant always rely on the system battery monitor for accuracy. I went though all the apps in the app manager and denied unnecessary permissions and it helped. Also,these phones seem to perform better if you boot into recovery and clear your cache on a regular basis. Until someone figures out root for this phone there isnt a whole lot more you can do.

Upvote 0
Lol dude theres somethig wrong with your battery or some kind of somethig goin on back there in the foreground. My zmax pro lasted 2.5 days under moderate use, over 8 hrs screen time under 25% brightness during these times. And to top it off would fully charge in 30-45 minutes best $40 device iv ever owned even without root. Just too big haha im a 1 hand txter. Damn good device tho. Download an app called battery repair life pro, its free attempts to label and repair bad cells in battery. Hope it helps

Reactions: Jimmy Dixx
Upvote 0
So I download the gsam app and this is what it comes up with. My display is low. Does the discharge while off mean that it's draining even when its off?
I see you have a custom status bar, maybe the screen overlay is buggy and it's draining battery even when the screen is off, I don't know if that's possible, I'm just making an inference. Maybe try turning the custom status bar off for awhile and see if it helps

Upvote 0
I see you have a custom status bar, maybe the screen overlay is buggy and it's draining battery even when the screen is off, I don't know if that's possible, I'm just making an inference. Maybe try turning the custom status bar off for awhile and see if it helps
I think that it was doing it without the bar. But I will turn it off for a day to see what happens. Thanks

Reactions: MigDaMusicMan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones