1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Battery Life is blowing my mindGeneral

1. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

I don't see don't see the difference in battery life. I go the whole days use
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

You sure that is what he meant? Sounds like he said 4 hr's off charger not 4 hr's of screen on time.
  3. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

thats what it sounded like to me also
  4. Wolfedude88

Never mind I understand what he was saying. Hard to read and work at the same time.

Antimony was saying that if in 4 hrs he lost 33% he could last 14hrs total at that rate.

My bad, that's what I get for responding on the assembly line. Lol
  5. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

Ok so I am right at 13 hours off the charger and I am at 8% battery. Thats with moderate use. Not too bad I guess except I need to plug it in like 4 hours before I go to bed. Gonna try Juice Defender with it tomorrow
  6. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

Best Ive had so far was 20 hours off charger and was at about 24% left still.
  7. Wolfedude88

Off the charger isn't really that important by itself, we need screen on time and off the charger. Today is my best and I have gotten a crazy 14:14:14(wow) with 2:52:30 with 6% remaining.

I have had other days that were close to 20 hours but screen on time was about an hour less.

[​IMG]
    I turned off Google Now about 8 hours in, seemed to help quite a bit.
  8. victek

victek Well-Known Member

I've been running Juice Defender Ultimate on the DNA for a couple of days. It definitely makes a difference and I'm not seeing any compatibility issues. I ran it on my previous phone so I'm used to waiting a couple of seconds after unlocking the screen for Wifi or 4g/3g to connect. Not having a connection instantly after unlocking is what seems to throw some people.
  9. 82nd Airborne

82nd Airborne Well-Known Member

Here is my usage today for a nearly typical day at work:

Screenshot_2012-11-30-19-34-02.png
  10. Wolfedude88

Not sure how to get that battery life on mine.
  11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

82nd, what is your screen brightness set to?
  12. Wolfedude88

Mine is on automatic. I refuse to go any lower simply because I got the phone to see it clearly. Lol
  13. 82nd Airborne

82nd Airborne Well-Known Member

Mine is on Automatic. I also do not run drain apps like Facebook. The only email set to full sync is my gmail. Work email updates only upon opening. I shut down/disable anything I do not use, like stocks, weather, slacker radio etc. There are so many apps/ways to get quick updates on stuff like that, that I do not feel it necessary to have the built in "functionality" running 24/7. I do a fair amount of email (personal and work), texting, web browsing, calls, google searches throughout the day, but nearly no social media. Coming from the Thunderbolt, I am very experienced in battery management. I have to say, it's been nice not really having to worry about running out of juice. I'm sure over time that I will put more load on the battery since I have plenty to spare.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  14. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

So I have been running Juice Defender ultimate on its default setting today. Been off the charger for 11h 30m and I still have 38% battery left which is better than yesterday where I was at about 15% at this time. Its still crazy how fast the battery goes while you are using it though. I have watched it drop 2% just typing this out right now.
  15. victek

victek Well-Known Member

What Juice Defender profile are you using? After I got used to it I switched to Advanced settings where there are many options to fine tune. For instance I use the night schedule which turns off syncing. Overnight the charge only drops a few %
  16. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

As I said, it's on the default setting. I believe it's balanced. Haven't felt the need to use one of the more aggressive ones.
  17. AntimonyER

Wow, 2 hours of screen on time, and still that much battery left. The more I see, the more I am in love with this screen. Looks great, but appears to be a very efficient screen as well.
  18. victek

victek Well-Known Member

Yes, I see (now) you did say default settings :) Glad you find it helpful. It greatly increases standby time for me.
  19. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

I'm not a youngster who dose everything under the sun on my phone. That said coming from the Dink1 this DNA rocks for me. I at times had to charge twice a day with the Dink1 and with the DNA so far I am charging every other day. So quite happy with the battery life so far. :)
  20. Hardstyle

Hardstyle Well-Known Member

I am very pleased with this phone compared to my GNEX in most aspects. I thought the battery life was going to be horrible all my friends who had HTC phones their batteries were always dying and the TB I once owned didn't have great battery life and of course i rocked a extended battery on that. But this phone is a different story. Great battery life for the size of the battery and all the amazing features this phone has.
    I cant wait for the ROMs to come out and improve this phone even more.
  21. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

OK, I was in new toy mode all day. Playing videos, installing apps, uninstalling apps, trying out the mobile hot spot, etc. Here are the results:

[​IMG]

All in all I'm pretty happy. I know that once life settles down and this becomes just a phone again, I'll be able to make it through a work shift and still have power to spare.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  22. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

In my experience it is better to leave it off automatic (though that is just mostly my preference)

I leave my on 75% (ish) all the time
    Wolfedude88 likes this.
  23. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

So I returned my DNA and got the Note 2 instead. I really wanted to keep it but the terrible battery life was too much to overlook. I unplugged it this morning at 10am and started to use it rather than letting it sit and only pick it up when I needed to make a call or return a text. I actually sat there and watch it drop from 99% down to 94% in the five minutes or so I was on Phonedog.com reading an article. Thats completely unacceptable IMO. I didnt even do anything intensive either. I browsed the web, watched a couple short Youtube videos, downloaded a few new apps, sent a few texts and a few emails. 5 hours off the charger with about 1hr 45min of actual use and I was down to 42% battery :confused: If I would have thrown some gaming and watching movies in there, forget it, would have been dead in 6 hours. Yesterday, I got about 14 hours before I hit 10% battery, but I wasnt using the phone that much at all.

Now I am pretty lucky as I work from home most the time and I make my own schedule, so I am not someone away from a charger for long periods of time. However, there are plenty of times I go places and I am not around a place to charge my phone. I dont want to be worrying about it dying everytime I go somewhere for half a day or constantly plugging it into a charger to get enough charge for it to last me while I am out. Really liked the phone but putting a 2020MAH battery in a device with a 5 inch 1080p display and then making it non removable was just extremely foolish. Hopefully there will be a DNA Maxx in the future :)
  24. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Well-Known Member

2nd day, and this time, after 12 hours, I still have 47% left.

[​IMG]
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  25. AntimonyER

Yeah yesterday I was at 45% left after 13 hours off charger, including 2.5 hours screen on time. Was on wifi most of the time.
    paigow likes this.