• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life is it same with you?

ahmar2

Lurker
Feb 7, 2013
Lahore
Hello,
I bought new HTC ONE S (Factory Unlocked-nothing rooted or fishy stuff) two days ago.

As soon as I purchased it I upgraded my OS from ICS to Jelly Bean using HTC auto-update.So I was unable to test battery life on ICS however it is pretty bad now. This is new phone so I don't know whether the JB update has caused this problem because I see other users have also mentioned it.

It can't last more than 2 hours on full use. Just played temple run for 10 minutes and battery dropped down to from 70 to 65% . So in 10 minutes of game play battery dropped by 5% . On this speed it won't last more than an hour on any hd video. Similarly on Wifi use or google market browsing it drops down quicker than my laptop battery.

So is it normal for HTC ONe S or upgrade is causing this? I also turned on power saver option in new Jelly Bean but no improvement. What is the solution please I need help and I love this phone. (No apps stand out in draining battery life).

Thanks
Ahmar.

That doesn't sound good.

It may be that the battery meter needs to be calibrated. To do this, you need to let the battery run all the way down until the phone turns itself out, then let it charge overnight. You'll probably need to do this a couple of times.

More generally, there are some things you can do to save power. First thing is to turn off location access in settings - that seems to be a real power hog.

Then, drop the Power Widget on to one of your home screens. This lets you turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and Sync when you're not using them. It could also be that your screen is brighter than it needs to be (screens are the biggest power hogs): try turning it onto automatic brightness.

Upvote 0
Don't know if battery meter calibration will work however will try that tip.

Location access is turned off

Brightness is at auto

That doesn't sound good.

It may be that the battery meter needs to be calibrated. To do this, you need to let the battery run all the way down until the phone turns itself out, then let it charge overnight. You'll probably need to do this a couple of times.

More generally, there are some things you can do to save power. First thing is to turn off location access in settings - that seems to be a real power hog.

Then, drop the Power Widget on to one of your home screens. This lets you turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and Sync when you're not using them. It could also be that your screen is brighter than it needs to be (screens are the biggest power hogs): try turning it onto automatic brightness.

Upvote 0
That doesn't sound good.

If you let it charge overnight you WILL damage the battery ! [i have a service degree]
Try to remove battery stats [if you are rooted] or if you see 1-2% of batt left in system, reboot in bootloader and let the phone die, then let it charge [phone off !!!] for maximum 4h on charger to restore batt calibration.

Reactions: ahmar2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones