• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life is terrible

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
Ok, it looks like a common theme but not seeing a solution. I have a Galaxy S4 and it's rooted. I'm running leandroid which disables all radios when the phone is locked. As long as my phone is locked, my phone can last almost all day. But if I'm using it, the phone battery drops quick. 15 minutes of use drops about 10%. I just woke up and checked a few emails and I'm at 90%. Checking battery usage... Screen is highest usage but I have the brightness turned down and turned by wallpaper black. Android OS is second and Android System is 3rd. com.android.systemui is a distance 4th. Then number 5 is my G Cloud backup software but you can barely see the bar for that. Other ones are all the way across the screen. The top 4 by far is Android OS. How do I get that down? Or is there a better solution?

I use a few different apps that I hope help...

Greenify - basically puts all apps other than a few I specified into hibernation mode when the phone is locked.
Juice Defender Ultimate
LeanDroid - disables cell data, network location and gps location when the phone is locked.

Also have the powersaving feature built into the stock OS turned on.

Is there maybe a higher capacity battery I can get or does anyone have any other suggestions to increase battery life?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones