Battery life issue?

Last Updated:

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious if anyone has this same issue that I have.

Today I listened to Pandora radio for about 2 hours while having the screen turned off. I thought this would drain my battery to maybe 50% or so? Not really sure my numbers can be trusted anymore.

But after listening for 2 hours my battery life was still like 90% full.

Then about an hour later after having the phone idle in my pocket, I updated an app through the market and it said my battery was 5% and I needed to charge it. So thinking I would need my phone for something important later I turned it off.

Then 3 hours later my battery was back up to 90%.

When I got home and plugged it in it said "Charging 80%" so im completely confused if I did something wrong or my battery is defective.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Arlo012

Arlo012 Member

Hello, new to the forums -- consider this an introduction!

Tyler: What battery widget do you use? I assume you use one as you have exact percent values.

I personally use "BatteryLife" and I have had on one or two occasions an issue where the widget will not update, indicating that I had very high battery when I in fact had lost A LOT.

Also, take a look in Settings at battery usage -- see what programs are taking up the most battery life. It's often the screen, or in some cases a very processor intensive application.

3. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Only widget I use is the default one and I turn off everything and have the brightness on the lowest. I also left no real app running and don't use live wallpapers.

I just wanted to know if this was a glitch or did I do something to make it happen

4. yerfdog2314

yerfdog2314 Member

The same thing happened to me at work. I charged my phone overnight in the dock and it said it was fully charged, but when I got to work and listened to music for about 30 minutes I got the red light and it said I had 15% left. I turned it off and then back on after about 15 minutes and it was back up to 90%. Never figured out why it did that...

5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

It does that sometimes. It's never happened to me but it's happened to a lot of people. At this point, I guess it's just chalked up to being an occasional glitch or something. Most people say that if your battery life suddenly drops down to 5% for no reason (from 80% or 90% or some other reasonably charged amount), try to reboot the phone and see if the battery indicator goes back to where it should be.

6. nanoera

nanoera New Member

I had similar issue a while back.
    It got warm sitting in my pocket for no reason.
    I saw the refresh/syncing icon very often.
    Not sure why but my guess is it kept trying update something that wouldn't response.
    I even bought a new battery but kept doing the same thing.
    Two weeks later updated to 2.1 and never had same issue. It could be coincidence though.
    Could be a server timeout issue.

7. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

I've had this happen 2x. The first time I charged it for a while and didn't look at it at all. The second time I rebooted the phone, and all my widgets reported 80% life left. and it was accurate.

For good measure I let the batter drain to 10% and charged it back to 100% as I've read that serves as some sort of re-calibration for the phone.