Support Battery Life Issues With Froyo 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by afoualer, Aug 18, 2010.

1. afoualer

Mar 17, 2010
    3 hours ago i manually updated to froyo 2.2 and am so far estatic about it, but have one serious issue.

battery life has gone down extremely quick and is really disappointing. Just three hours after updating battery is dead, went down to less than 5% and i had to charge it.

i have a task killer and at first just manually kept killing, and then set auto kill to aggressive. Made the brightness all the way down and screen timeout to 15 seconds and still dies so fast.

has anyone had this problem?? I really cant afford to have to keep charging every 3 hours.

Advertisement

2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Programmer
    Columbia, SC
    Kay.. what device is it?

3. afoualer

Mar 17, 2010
    Moto Droid :p

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Did you try getting rid of the task killer? Android 2.2 doesn't really work properly with one.

5. Starfleet Captain

Starfleet Captain Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    dont use the task killer!!!! they dont work in Froyo! I recently found this out myself

6. electric turd

electric turd Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    I had this problem after manually updating also. Give it a day or two and it should improve, mine did greatly.

7. jnd121

jnd121 New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    A few days didn't help. My battery life is horrible since 2.2

8. TraJac

TraJac New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    And I have noticed since doing that update that my texting is lagging so far behind where I am. It's driving me insane!

And my facebook is posting things from 18 hours ago instead of right now.

And my email is not syncing properly.

Not so thrilled with my precious EVO right now!

9. ExPalm

ExPalm Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    My Evo's battery life was still terrible after the update to 2.2, but after a few app updates, it's been great..

I also took care to make sure that every auto-updating app was set to 4 hours, or manual update. I also keep 4G turned off unless I'm in one spot where it's working.
    I've had it off charge since 8 AM today, and it's down to 50% at 10 PM, and this is with fairly heavy use.
    I'm not sure what happened, but now the battery graph remains flat during off periods. I have spans up 5 hours or more where it didn't drop at all.

One thing I recalled doing was going into the settings menu, applications, Running, and stopped everything I didn't use, or felt should not be running. (Most of these have started again). Perhaps something was stuck running, and has now been silenced?

10. MattMattMatt

MattMattMatt New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I can only speak for myself but after upgrading to Froyo last night, my battery life has been greatly improved. I'm using a moto droid, I charged it last night, unplugged around 12am and now it's almost 8:00pm and I'm still at 80%. I'm not on my phone all day or anything but I'd say it went through moderate use. Usually when I get home from work I'm down to about 50%, but not today. Needless to say I'm very excited about finally having froyo!

11. Bradster

Bradster New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    I have a my touch. after updating battery was draining after a few hours. It improved after a few days. I got rid of task killers, took out SD card, battery, SIM, and it started to behave normally.

12. Bradster

Bradster New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Yes I did put the components back in.