Battery Life - LETS TALK

Last Updated:

1. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you do and what battery life do you get and how do you get it!

8 hrs of small use and i am dead!

I wake up and use it a bit

i have tweets going in the background every 2 hrs

I have gps going but have heard it doesn't effect too much if not used

i have like 90 apps, so stuff is going a lot.

I have facebook updates coming

I have email and sync set up

i use the phone every 2 hrs on break til I go home and over all I have about a 10 hr day.

I tend to charge it at work at least for an hr and it still is at like 20-40 at the end of the day.

So I guess its safer to say that with MINIMAL use I get 10 hrs a day

Please lets talk about what is done and I posted this in root cause of set cpu and other things you can use. lets go!

Advertisement
  2. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I use Koush's 5.0.5 ROM

twitter updates set for every 2 hours
    no facebook
    gmail is on active sync ( I hardly get any emails )
    sometimes LWP
    9 widgets
    weather updates every 3 hrs
    screen brightness 40%

I get a whole days worth of battery easy, with what I would call medium use.

30 minutes of phone calls, around 30 texts, 15-20 mins web browsing

usually off the charger at 6 am, don't get home until 10pm sometimes. so 16 hours with normally 20-30% battery left.

3. radikal

ok that sounds about right, i get emails probably hourly! plus contact updates happen a lot with my facebook, i bet my 300 contacts update quite often. whose next, i wanna figure this out.

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I have no troubles making through the whole day. Usually around 12 hours off the charger.

My usage is pretty similar to yours, but I don't do twitter. I get a lot of emails and a fair amount of texts everyday. Do some Facebooking, web browsing, and usually play music for about ~30-45 minutes a day while I walk from my apartment to class and back.

I usually end up with about 30% left when I put the phone back on the charger.

I do keep GPS and BT disabled unless I'm going to use them. I'm running BB 0.9 w/ AdamZ's 1 GHz LV kernel.

5. radikal

when i get new twitter updates there is anywhere from 150 to 300 so that could be something for me too. plus like you said, no gps for you but i use it often enough so i keep it on. thats probably another thing for me ok ok, see now we are getting somewhere.

I just find it hard to believe that some have 24 hrs of use and only 30% batt use