1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Battery life measurments

1. ElkhornAndroid

ElkhornAndroid New Member

I thought I would share my real word battery life calcs for my new Aria. This is an AT&T model, so it's a "locked" phone.

I get poor reception in my basement office at work, so the WiFi is constantly searching for a signal. At home, where it can jump on my local network, it actually does a bit better in battery life. Other than that:

(Standard config, screen timeout 1 minute, no extra apps running):

Full on - 3G, WiFi: 19% of battery charge per hour. Roughly 5 hours available.

WiFi shut down, but 3G on: 6% battery charge per hour, about 16 hours time avail.

Full Airplane Mode: 1-2% per hour, days of standby time!

This is assuming you aren't playing games, or checking the weather, etc. Just standby time in the listed configurations. Your actual use may vary..:)

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

you do mean discharge correct. ie 19% discharge per hour.

turn that wifi off if you are not near/connected to a connecttion (by your other tests I can see you have prolly figured that out.)

since I have pretty much set times I will be near wifi and not I use timerriffic to st up scheduled on off times

really cool app. some others have been using tasker (i think) to actually sense when near the wifi connection and turn it on when needed. I have not messed with that one yet. our rooted aria (underclocked at screen off) gets more than a full day of use on an overnight charge which is sufficient. The evo (many more tweaks on that one) gets about 33 hours with ectended battery