Battery Life on a new deviceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lvt

lvt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I wonder how long the battery on my HTC One SV should last, it's a brand new phone, actually with my mixed usage (wifi + 3G + GSM) I charge it every day at night when the battery is somewhere between 25~35%

Is it normal with a stock battery ?

Advertisement
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

That sounds about right for a high end smartphone.

You can maybe increase battery life slightly with some of the following:

- turn off radios you're not using (WiFi / Bluetooth / GPS) - see the power widget
    - keep screen brightness on Auto or set to a low brightness
    - reduce the time the screen stays on before sleeping
    - turn off sync when you don't really need it (e.g. news, weather, Facebook etc)

Don't expect to suddenly get 2 or 3 days between charges though .. well, not if you actually use the phone anyway :)

lvt and LilBit like this.
  3. lvt

Thanks, I guess that if I turn the Internet and GPS off all the syncing should be automatically disabled, right ?

4. LEVERage

LEVERage Well-Known Member

Technically, yes but, they will still attempt to sync but will fail shortly after the attempt so it's not really using any juice to push notifications to the phone. I leave what I want synced and when I need to check something, just turn on data and everything is almost instantly pushed to notification. It's better that way so that I don't have to manually go and check everything that I un-synced.

5. lvt

Thanks, after a week or so I got a slightly better battery life, with the same daily usage the phone's battery is now 45~50%, however I kept the same charging routine by charging it every night. I've read that the mini USB connector has a life-span of 10.000 mating cycles so no worries, it could easily outlive the phone itself.

LilBit likes this.