Battery life on Tab 2?General

Last Updated:

1. safetyobc

safetyobc Active Member

How's the battery life of the Tab 2?

2. antmon

antmon Well-Known Member

excellent... i've been trying to kill it but have had no success...

i watched 1hr of a netflix movie and surfed the web for 2hrs and did a few other odds and ends...3hrs of heavy use and i dropped only 32%... i think that's pretty good.
    prmax and safetyobc like this.
  3. nshortri

nshortri Active Member

I took a snapshot for the first time. Awesome! The battery is a beast, lasted 9 hours and it was still going!!
  4. rubejb

rubejb Well-Known Member

With absolutely no experience with a tablet, only plenty of experience with various smartphones, these battery numbers are like a dream come true.

Of course I realize that a tab has much more room for a larger battery compared to a phone, but it's still exciting to see.

Can't wait to get my Tab 2.
  5. nshortri

nshortri Active Member

I agree! My samsung infuse is much more inferior compared to this tablet. I liked the results!

That was when the tablet was heavily used for 9 hours straight, it was fun lol. Here is another snapshot. I used it heavy for like 3 hours last night and the night before and the night before that night. Now playing with it. Battery lasted for almost 18 hours so far with all bloatware. Impressive!

6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

batterystats will collect by android over the next few charges. If those are first or second charge numbers, it should only get better.

Protip: powersave mode is off by default in settings :D
  7. nshortri

nshortri Active Member

I notice if you do power setting saving info it shows you info. I think you made a good point to save battery! Will see how long it will take until battery dead.
  8. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

I got to run mine all day yesterday. No screenshot but 11 hrs after charge (5hrs 45min screen on) i had 25% left. Lots of streaming netflix playing games and browsing. Quite pleased with battery life!
  9. rexxcastle

rexxcastle Well-Known Member

10. safetyobc

safetyobc Active Member

I am using mine as a media device 100% of the time. I am in and out of my car 8 hours per day. I use it for podcasts both video and audio. It is lasting all day with about 20% left at the end of the day.

Screen on 100% of the time for access to media controls (play/pause, etc), albeit having the screen fairly dim most of the time. Happy so far!
  11. syntrix

Great candidate to turn on the power saving options! See above, click thanks. K Thanks :D:D
    safetyobc likes this.
  12. robthefive0

robthefive0 Member

My Tab is rooted, useless apps frozen, Juice Defender installed, running like a Ferrari! Loving it!
  13. t2000kw

t2000kw Active Member

The ONLY thing about the battery/charging system that I don't like is that, when it's connected via USB cable to a PC (or power adapter), it drains just a tad faster than it charges. I would think that it should do the opposite.

Other than that, it does a great job, even with the settings not optimized for power savings. This is not a big concern for me, just a small one.

14. nemonicx

nemonicx Member

From my experience, I get about 7 hours a day of constant use. Playing games, browsing the web, checking mail. But that is at 35% brightness.
  15. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

I own the 7 plus. According to Engadget, the 7 plus will last 8:09 hrs while the tab 2 7 will last 7:38 hrs. I find this strange. Both have same size battery and the tab 2 has a less powerful processor. Does anybody know why the battery life would be less with the tab 2? Is it because of ICS?
  16. syntrix

Too much review of testing results will make you go blind.

Did you ask the tester?