Battery life only 4Hrs. ??Support

1. craige4u

craige4u Member

I only get 4hrs, playing video with full screen brigtness on my Note :-(

Can you guyz test it on your device after full charge how much drain you are getting after 1hr. of video playback at full brigtness - I get around 75% battery after 1HR of playback.

Advertisement
  2. craige4u

craige4u Member

Bump, Nobody....
  3. PhilMcGraw

PhilMcGraw Well-Known Member

You are going to have to give more information. Do you have wireless network plus wifi on? Do you also have your bluetooth on? What are you using as your video player? Are you playing videos off of the internet? What background apps are running?
  4. craige4u

craige4u Member

No backgroud app running, no wifi/bluetooth... Using stock player and running 720P video via my SD card - Hope this helps
  5. craige4u

craige4u Member

Still Nobody? - Anybody can tellme this... whts so complicated here?

BTW, it takes 4hrs to charge as well from 0-100 here, how long it takes your's ?
  6. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

I sure hope not 4 hrs... That's pretty pathetic. Maybe I should be grateful my plan isn't up til 2013 and they come out with the Note 2... They made a promise to focus on batt life on all new phones they make. Hope they actually stick to that...
  7. raghu1250

raghu1250 New Member

Charging 0-100.. yes it takes approx 3hrs.
    the best tip i found out is ....
    1) Turn off auto syn accounts
    2) Keep ur gps(edge) or 3g off at all times.. Switch on only when needed..
    3) use system battery saver option on allways...

you wont belive .. When i bough the phone.. fisrt couple of days i too faced the same as you did....

After i googled & found out these tips..
    Morning 6AM --- 100%
    Night 11Pm ---- 10 -20% remaining

Even after using games...net surfing & calls...

Try this out ...might help you...

Regards,
  8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Why are you watching at full brightness? That's completely unneccessary unless you're outside.

On 50% battery I get 8 hours 15 minutes of 1080p playback (phone in airplane mode obviously).
    B2L likes this.
  9. QueenAmy

QueenAmy Member

2 Recommendations:

1) Reduce brightness
    if you go to Settings - Applications - Battery Usage
    you will see that the Display alone is using more than 30% of your battery power - reduce the brightness to help your phone save battery here

2) Flash a custom ROM
    if you have no experience with rooting and flashing, you need to do quite some pre-reading (google: your device name and model number and the terms: root flash custom ROM) in order to be sure you know what you are doing.
    [Important] Flashing custom kernels and ROMs will surely help to improve your phone's overall performance and battery power, BUT be aware that flashing comes with a risk. If you e.g. flash the wrong ROM your mobile device could get completely damaged, plus: your guarantee becomes invalid once you flash with a custom ROM.

Good luck!
  10. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Full screen brightness is pretty blinding, I don't know how you could handle that. :p My battery easily lasts a whole day with everything on, and pretty heavy usage. It's pretty rare that my battery will die before I go to sleep at night. I keep my brightness at around 40% which is more than bright enough, and have absolutely no battery problems.
  11. PhilMcGraw

I guess the other question is why are you playing 720p videos for 4 hours at full brightness? I mean do you not have a TV? Also, I would go with what people on here have said. Why don't you look in your settings to what is causing the battery drain, I am almost positive it will come back saying its your screen being on full brightness (Really? FULL brightness?). It may say some other percentage is the player you are using (perhaps you want to use a non-stock player and see if that does something different considering the stock player may not be the best at processing high-definition videos). So, okay, the next question would be then when you go under your settings what does it say under the percentage of battery being used? I mean I know for a fact it will have a high percentage being the screen, but it may also say the player as well.
  12. craige4u

craige4u Member

Yup i enjoy doing lots of things on my mobile... tht includes watching full movie and browsing. Also, as some ppl have said full brightness dont hurt my eyes at all !

Yes, everything is set to manual with nothing in background running. The display is consuming 54% battery!

I understand my only option is to reduce brightness for longer on-time but i still would like you to experiment and say how much you can get out frm your battery (try with 1HR. Vids)
  13. PhilMcGraw

I wasn't saying it was going to hurt your eyes, I was saying do you really need it at full brightness? I mean you could at least put it at 70% brightness and it would be fine.

Also, what are the other percentages? If the screen is only 54% (which is surprisingly low actually considering it should usually be the screen costing around 70% or more of the battery life.
  14. FRIDGE72

FRIDGE72 Member

I know some apps must run behind the scenes but sometimes I'm closing 25-33 apps when I know I havent opened that many apps. How do i stop some of the 'useless' ones from running. I believe it is causing my battery to run at a high level, draining quicker. Any assistance would be a great help!
  15. 4 Hours battery life running full HD movies sounds about right in my experience.
    As does 3 to 4 hours for (re)charging from 0 to 100% on an express charger.
  16. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

You can't expect a phone, even one as large as a Note, to have a battery to match the stamina of a tablet. OK, an iPad can run for 16 hours but the battery is four times as big. That's physics for you.

But as others say, do you need to run full brightness? If the battery life isn't good enough, think about investing in an external battery, like those from Mophie or cheaper options.
  17. Vipfreak

I can't decide whether my battery is already done with since even with everything off I can barely get 4-5hr. or there's something draining my battery. I can't imagine what that would be...
  18. brentjireh

brentjireh New Member

probably a failed battery . I have a 2nd hand note .. bought it a week ago from a fellow on a online site . And can still use it for 1 1/2 days . i use it with occasional android games , texting .. web surfing .. but i immediately turn the wifi off when im not using it .. i use only 2g network for gsm . and thats about it .. and kill all unnecessary apps and processes .
  19. Kamindus

Kamindus New Member

I ordered this one. When it arrives, i'll test for more 1hour of use!

dx
    com
    /
    p
    /
    replacement-3-7v-3030mah-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-note-i9220-gt-n7000-golden-152883
  20. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

4 hours with full brightness sounds about normal to me
  21. ifb-online

I'm now a bit confused - originally the OP said 4 hours watching a video on full brightness; then I read it's 4 hours with everything switched off - is this running a video or not? 4 hours running a video doesn't sound abnormal to me, especially at full brightness.
  22. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

I am thinking that you may need to test for apps pulling battery. What version of android are you running? When did this start happening ?
  23. Vipfreak

I've never been able to get 1.5 days (unless I don't use the phone for most of the time obviously). I guess I'm a heavy user. I'll have the brightness on full (but plugged in) while watching video. I'm on 4.1.2 rooted. Don't have a lot of apps and I've gone though and tried to put every thing on manual or off for sync.
  24. sonyh2000

sonyh2000 New Member

Very useful.. Thank you
  25. ifb-online

Most of the time Wifi, Mobile data and GPS are switched off. It only takes a minute or two for sync to catch up if I re-enable data connection. Saves power and a little data usage. Typically, I could go for 2-3 days without recharging, but I top up the battery overnight. On the occasional days I have to use my phone intensively, especially if it has not been charged for a day or two, I use a Mophie USB pocket battery.