• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life Question

mrosenberg

Nov 12, 2009
Hi, I got my Hero about a week ago. Went online, saw the work around for the messaging program, installed Handcent, and afterwards my "awake percentage" was down around 25%. Terrific. For the last 2 days, though, it's been back at 100%. I have no idea why. I have TasKiller on my phone and happened to notice that now there are way more programs running than there ever were before. Some of the things running are apps that I've downloaded but am not using since I last rebooted (ShopSavvy, RoboDefense, etc), others are things I haven't noticed before (com.biggu., AddPorgramActivity, com.smithmicro.DM). I think the only affect this has is reduced battery life, which is annoying, but most of all, I want my phone to function properly.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? I really would like to avoid resetting my phone. I didn't want to use my Gmail contacts for all the contacts in my phone, so I had to manually input like 150 phone numbers, and I don't want to have to do that again. I also would like to avoid having to re-download all my apps. I guess if someone knows how to backup the data on my phone so I could reload it after resetting this would be less of a concern, but still a last resort. Also, I'm concerned that if I just reset my phone, the same thing will happen again.

I can post a list of the applications I've downloaded, if that helps.

Please help!

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Jimdroid, thanks for the reply. I wish I had known that before I spent the time entering the phone numbers! Now that the contacts are on my phone, is there anyway "reverse sync" them to Gmail? I guess this would be an easy way to back up my contacts if I do end up resetting my phone.

There is, but why not just add them to a group on your computer, which is quite easy, then, if the phone croaks, you can just resync that one group.

Upvote 0
I just don't want to have to manually type 150 contacts and their phone numbers into Gmail.

Oh, I thought they were a subset of you existing GMail contacts. If not, the way you have it now, the 150 contacts you have added will be synched to GMail, so you have them now. Just go onto your computer(because it's easier than on the Hero) and put them all in a group.

Upvote 0
Someone posted yesterday that it should be in the next few weeks, with that info coming from a reliable source from sprint.

As far as downloading it goes, your phone won't automatically do it, but if you go into your phone settings, there is a place for checking for updates.

I dont know if it known yet if Sprint will release it so we can download it straight on our phones or if we will have to download it on our computer and then use like htc sync to install it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones