battery life question

Last Updated:

1. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I have a question about battery life. I am running stock 2.1 and after fully charging, my battery lasted 5 hours. Of course this was due to streaming YouTube for a majority of the time.

My question, is this normal battery life considering usage?

Advertisement
  2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

If you streamed Youtube for lets say 4 hours. This would seem about par in my opinion.

Are you addicted to Youtube or something?

cavywavy likes this.
  3. cavywavy

cavywavy New Member This Topic's Starter

Lol, no. I have a long commute by bus (1 hr) and I was using YouTube as my on demand music source and then continued once I got to work.

I was concerned that my battery life might be a little low. Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

If your been i the internet for 4hrs your battery should be dead by that time. Normaly if its video viewing is about 3 1/2.hrs

5. geeingu

geeingu Well-Known Member

i keep my screen dark with no backlight and keep mobile internet off if not using, has done wonders for me

6. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

My battery was better at first with 2.1, now it isn't very good at all.

I check facebook a couple times, send a few texts, check email a couple times...usually no phone calls during a workday and in about 10 hours I go from 100% to 30%...light-moderate use.

Not a major deal since I charge every night and sometimes at lunch, but it would be nice not to feel like I "can't" use my phone too much or it will be dead.

7. dominicanyor

I notice last night that i my battery was 98% 4hrs later, thats without having the bluetooth on and not using the phone untild 11 at night. and by 2am after using the phone about an hour and the internet the battery percent was 85%. So i guess my battery life is good.

8. player300x4

player300x4 New Member

i have the MUGEN extended battery and after 48 hours I'm still at 51% well worth the $70

9. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

When I was on Android 1.5, my battery life was never as horrible as some other people have experienced. I could pretty easily get over 24 hours of battery life out of a single charge with moderate usage. After the Android 2.1 update, I will get between 24 hours and 48 hours of battery life with moderate to heavy usage of my Sprint HTC Hero. This includes: using the web browser, lots of texting, messing around on the Android Market, watching some YouTube or Flash videos and a few phone calls throughout that time period. :cool:

If I leave my phone alone or use it very lightly, I have no doubt I could squeeze nearly three days of life out of it on one charge. But, really, the point of this handset is to enjoy it. :D

10. dominicanyor

dude by the time i finished my 8hr shift from work thats doin everything you mention on top my battery life by the end of day is 56%. thats horrible.