Battery Life Questionable

Last Updated:

1. jackson5

jackson5 Member This Topic's Starter

I had 1.25hrs of talk time use 60% of my battery. Not a good sign. Also, the reception has been very unstable, wavering between 1 and 3 bars all over town. My cheap Nokia go phone I was using had 4-5 bars everywhere.
    The wi-fi signal appears to show less bars than my other phones.

Advertisement
  2. SeriousBizznass

SeriousBizznass Well-Known Member

Seems fine to me. Make sure to download Advanced Task Killer and see what you've got running in the background.

3. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

Bars aren't really the most accurate notification of signal strength. By going to settings-->about phone-->network you can see your dbm's, which are alot more accurate.

And talk time eats up a ton of battery. Searching for cell towers and cell standby eats up even more.

Wifi is a bit off on the phone, but try rebooting your router and see what results that gets you.

And while Task Killers are all well and good for checking, I really don't recommend killing. Some people just see programs and think they need to be killing them, and they do. Well most of the times those are system instructions which then have to start-up again, and it can kill more battery. System Panel or Autokiller is better in my opinion.

4. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

give it a few full discharges and see if batt life improves, thats the word on the street

5. ghostfox1

ghostfox1 Well-Known Member

I can get 8 hours of heavy use, including wi-fi and talking for a half hour or so.

6. oshjo75

oshjo75 Member

I have also noticed that my battery is very poor. I have had my phone off the charger since 8:15 am and at 4:00 pm my phones battery is now in yellow. All I did on it all day was send about 5 texts, browse the web for about 15 minutes, and download 2 apps. I also turned off my gps, have a task killer, and have my. It needsbright itness at about 25%. This is unacceptable and it needs to be fixed immediatly. The battery is the main reason why I got the phone and I had more life on my Aria. I am disappointed to say the least.

7. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

You need to go through a few charge cycles before adding final judgement on the battery life.

8. Vtec

Vtec Well-Known Member

I also question the battery life but as others have said its not broken in yet.I will give it a week or so.

9. kevin23

kevin23 New Member

I must have a freak phone because my battery life is amazing. I spent the entire day playing emulators calling ppl etc etc and in the wee hours of the mourning is when the battery drained to 0, mind you it hasdnt even been fully charged. straight out of the box.

this phone rocks!!!!!!

10. wordgirl

wordgirl Active Member

I'm so rusty on maximizing battery life...should I do the use it completely up thing or just recharge it when it starts to look low?

11. harleydad82

harleydad82 Active Member

I have task manager "free" and i set it to kill all apps once the screen is locked, except certain apps like music player, pandora, alarm clock...etc stuff that you will want on even when screen is locked. You press and hold on an app then click on ignore to have task killer not kill it. You would be suprised on how many apps are running. can also check in settings, then applications, then i believe choose running apps. you can shut apps down here also by tapping on the apps to stop.

12. WxAxGxS

WxAxGxS Active Member

My first 3 full charges lasted about ~8-10 hours each with almost no talk time and a couple hours of playing with apps.

My 4th full charge lasted almost two whole days.

My 5th full charge today lasted 3 hours while I was at the gym (going from 99% to 5%).... WTF? My old phone got full bars in the gym and I know this phone has poorer reception, but even if it was constantly searching it shouldn't drain a battery that fast should it?

13. ADHDassassin

ADHDassassin New Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, a new lithium-ion pack does not need cycling through charging and discharging. Priming will make little difference because the maximum capacity of lithium-ion is available right from the beginning. Neither does a full discharge improve the capacity of a faded pack. However, a full discharge/charge will reset the digital circuit of a 'smart' battery to improve the state-of-charge estimation[/FONT]

wordgirl likes this.
  14. PeteTx

PeteTx New Member

I had the saame problem. I noticed my GPS icon was showing constant activity. I installed the Android power widget and only activate it when I need to use Navigate.

Today I used Pandora for several hours (indoors), talked for about 1.5 hours, and texted about 20 messages. I still had over half when I got home.

Good luck.

Pete

15. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

My battery life sucks too.
    Do you guys think that using beautiful widgets and their live wallpaper contributes to this? When I use the battery use tool, it's usually the display that is the biggest power user.
    I have been fiddling with it a lot (it is a new toy afterall), but it had a full charge this morning and was completely dead by lunch?!

16. oshjo75

oshjo75 Member

Anyone know if pulling the phone off the charger after a full night of charging, making a 1 minute phone call, then looking at the battery status and it reading 96%... is normal?

17. captivated

captivated Member

After unplugging my phone I used it for 1:20 with a few calls totaling 5 minutes and the rest of the time browsing the internet, I am down to 70%. Would that be considered normal? I usually get 2-3 bars at my house if that makes any difference.

18. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member

Seems normal to me. I notice it runs down fast to about 80 pct, slows down a lot from 80-50, then speeds up in the rate of decline below 50.

19. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member

Yes. Both because you keep turning the screen on to admire the beauty.

20. propwner

propwner Member

I get a lot better battery life than my iPhone 3G. It lasted the whole day with me texting, making calls, and browsing the internet/marketplace. I would check to make sure nothing is running in the background.

21. tyte

tyte Well-Known Member

my phone's battery last a good 10-13 hours...

i have ATK and kill apps that i am not using...
    1. changed my brightness to a lower setting
    2. disabled gps ( i enable it when i need it)
    3. disabled wifi ( i enable it if i need it)
    4. removed the live wallpaper and replaced it with a stock photo
    (supposedly if you have a black bg it will use less power for the display...)
    5. have most of my social apps/e-mail check every hour instead of every 5 - 15 minutes...

my typical daily use is 5 hours of pandora streaming
    5 - 9 phone calls
    around 20 - 30 texts..

i also have my ATK on auto kill in case i forget to kill apps

my battery lasted longer on my blackberry... but thats because it wasn't using 3g and didn't have such a beautiful display...

a heads up to everyone.. i checked my battery usage and majority of it is used on the screen because i can't stop playing with/admiring the phone