1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Battery Life reduced with Froyo 2.2 updateGeneral

1. MoreThanEternity

MoreThanEternity New Member

I recently got the Froyo 2.2 update on my Samsung Intercept and, contrary to what everyone else says, I have noticed a significant reduction in my battery life. I used to have half to a fourth of the battery left at the end of the night and now it goes from 15% to 5% to dead within 20 minutes, hours before I go to bed. This is with maybe one phone call, some texting, and maybe slight app browsing. I took it to the Sprint store and they told me to delete some things off my phone to make more space. I did that and it did NOTHING. I have seen no one else online that has the same issue as me and I'm getting very frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Please!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums.

You may need to recalibrate your device/battery. One method of doing that is simply to run it normally through several charging cycles over time. After a few weeks of that you'll see gradual improvement, most of which is in the accuracy of the battery meter itself.

Another method is to run the device dead, to the point it does not respond at all. Remove the battery for a few minutes. Replace it, look for any signs of life, run it dead again.. etc. Then charge it up fully.

I've never used that second method, preferring to allow the calibration to happen normally over the course of several charging cycles.
  3. ruinx

ruinx New Member

Check all your settings i found that the power widget to be helpful the update turned all the options on by default i had to turn them off i am running un rooted and play games for about 1-2 hrs a day and am getting warnings around 6pm that my battery is low
  4. flylowflyslow

flylowflyslow New Member

I too have noticed the reduced battery life but I agree with the earlier posting about it being the meter itself. Last night my 2.2 intercept gave me a <5% battery warning. On a whim I shut it down before hooking to the charger. The display when charging (while shut down) is hardware driven. The display indicated 45% charge as soon as I plugged it in. The Froyo meter indicated <5%. I'll try the method suggested and let you know. Should I expect a bug fix from sprint? :confused: Maybe by 3rd qtr next year!;)
    Billkwando likes this.