1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

battery life running cyanogenmod 10.1

1. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

I installed hash codes room on Saturday to try it out, but they battery life on the kindle seems shockingly bad when running it. Yesterday the total time of charger before it had to be put back on was around 10 hours. Which would be good if that was 10 hours of screen time, but it wasn't I can't quantify the time I was actually using it, but for three most part it was in standby.

So to test I charged it up last night, put it into night mode (with battery widget reborn) and left it in standby over night (Wi-Fi off, screen off, notifications off, sync off sounds off)

The result...

In 7 hours of it sitting in standby and doing nothing else it burned through 50% of thebattery. The kindle os I could leave in this manner for a day or so before seeing that kind of usage.
    Is this normal? Is it because of the hardware? Does the nexus 7 do any better(as something to compare against)

Advertisement
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

My battery is better than that. Your tablet might not be sleeping properly. Get cpuspy and it should be able to show if you're entering deep sleep properly.
  3. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Yeah it wasn't... was an issue with the ROM which hashcode addressed with the release from the 16th.
    Installed that around 11am this morning, battery is only just into the teens now, the compsumption chart levelled out quite a lot after I got that installed.
  4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Nice. Better Battery Stats is a great app. Here is the link to the free version on XDA. Looks like their site is down at the moment, but this is a great app to tell you what specifically is preventing your phone/tablet from sleeping.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809
  5. guitarman2010

guitarman2010 Member

These ROMs have been updated with a great improvement in the battery department!