Battery life... should i switch it out for a new one?

Last Updated:

1. djb2

djb2 Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i got my captivate on July 30th. i think its totally died like 3 or 4 times now but it still seems to die very quickly. i have the adv app killer on there, i turn off bluetooth when not in use, brightness is as low as it will go, no haptic feedback, gps off and yet i still know that by the time i get home unless i charge it in the car, i won't be able to use my phone after work. so, i'd like your guys thoughts on whether it would be worth it to take back to the at&t store and swap it out for a new one? thanks for your thoughts!

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Could be live wallpaper. Could be any of countless background apps you have running.

Kind of hard to say. But "App Killers" aren't a panacea and can cause more problems than good. 99% of people who install them just do so because they read that everyone else uses them, and actually have no idea how they should (and shouldn't) be used.

3. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member

I swapped out my phone and went from about 4 hours with regular use to over 18 hours.

4. Max Tempest

Max Tempest Well-Known Member

5. mterrence5

mterrence5 Member

just outta curiousity what date does you battery say it was made?

6. djb2

i have it set to kill every hour, as for live wallpapers i wish i had them on but i turned them off right away....

7. djb2

yeah, i did order that and it finally showed up yesterday, i charged it this morning and just put it in now so we'll see how this one does. the date is 7/13/2010 on the battery that came with the phone...

8. shaxs

shaxs Active Member

Keep me up to date on how this works out for you.