Battery Life since 2.01 UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. bimm3rb0y

bimm3rb0y Active Member This Topic's Starter

Don't. Know about anyne else but ever since the 2.01 update my Droid has been losing battery life rather quickly. I'm. Running Home++ as my default home and even during standby by battery life drains. Is there an app or something I could do to resolve this matter?

Advertisement
  2. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

you possibly have a app that it malfunctioning.i had one start messing up and acting funny and i was loosing battery and my awake time was 100%i uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it was ok then.dont know what the deal was. something for you to check.

3. bimm3rb0y

Yea I'm trying to figure out which apps are corrupted if any...I'm trying to uninstall running widgets like weatherbug. Any other suggestions?

4. tsturbo

tsturbo Member

Would say my battery life is better since the OTA update.

5. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

check the"always on mobile" setting,you dont want that checked and you dont want gps checked unless you are using it.blue tooth off unless using it.other than that trial and error. my battery life seems to have gotten better.i have eris with 1.5 then i got some updates it still says 1.5 but have not noticed any change except the battery. hope that helps

6. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Go back to your original home screen and make sure there are no widgets there. Your default home is still running and any widgets you still have running on the unseen screen can still drain battery.

melissab likes this.
  7. bimm3rb0y

How about the battery usage from the display? I have my screen set to the lowest display setting but it is still using up 33% of the battery...any ideas?

8. benf101

benf101 New Member

My battery life is just awful now. Battery drains to nothing in half a day. I mean nothing. Between my shower and arriving at work this morning it lost 19%. I may just reset it back to factory settings to nix all the software I have downloaded. I'm sure it's something that is running but I don't know what.

9. TruFatty

TruFatty Member

i find at least on my motorola milestone running 2.1 my battery life is better. i turn off wireless when not need, GPS when not needed, and BT. i have the display sent to auto. i think i get a better charge when i turn the phone off then when i leave it on.

but right now, i can check to see what is using the battery and it's as follows:

phone idle: 51%
    cell standby : 40%
    display: 7%
    andriod system: 2%

the phone has been on for over 9 hours and still 100% battery. the only widgets i have running are the power tools and the weather.