Battery Life TipsTips

1. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Hey guys!!! As maybe some of you have notice, I am currently new on this forum so this is my first thread to be created in here. First of all I apologize if some similar thread has been created related to this but I felt like it'll be fun to make this.;

How about you guys post your highest battery span you ever had with your battery. Of course it has to be on LG Esteem phone. So I would like everyone to post their longest time on battery ever(or try to break the current record) in this thread .

This will not only shows how far can the LG esteem really last under a smart management but also we could have some information and tips on how, for example I made my phone to last that long. This will help new people and us in search of tips for their battery life experience for the LG esteem.

REMINDER. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENDED BATTERY.

Well Here is my record !!! can you beat it?

got I lil surprise . it lasted me a whole day plus I forgot to put to charge when I went to sleep...if you want tips let me know..

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

3. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

You can do it with screen shot from Market
  4. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

Sooooooo, what are your tips? I didnt take any screenshots before, but I was able to squeeze out well over a day on my Esteem. I let it go without charging it over night at 18% and when I woke up I was at 10%.
  5. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

This is from the OP post:

REMINDER. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENDED BATTERY

:eek:
  6. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Well. First of all Get temporary rid of the Big battery eater. If you are not going to use any network data the first thing you should do is disable the Mobile Data as well as WiFi found in settings>Wireless &network >Mobile Data. Don't be afraid! You still can call and send messages but if you are not going to use internet then this is what you have to do. Most portanlty if by any chance you go to a place where there is no service at all, put the phone in airplane mode.( I tested my phone in airplane mode and my phone only dropped 4 percent in 6hrs)

Also keep the brightness as low as possible within your preffered level. Lowering the display to a minimal helps regain more battery time.

Another thing is your charging cycle. As I searched through Google I found out that the temperature is a minor factor for the battery's span. try to charge the phone in fresh temperature, not too hot . well, we all know most people don't even care about that however charging the phone in cold/fresh/not to hot helps the battery significantly . Again this may seem meaningless but it help relieve the batterys stress. Nevertheless when you are in the proccess of charging make sure you leave the phone idle(leave it charging. Don't use the phone)

As a surprise for you. When you are about to charge your phone do this first as Boost.;

1.wait until its time to charge then turn phone off
    2.take out the battery
    3. cover the metal contact where it connects to your phone with a tape or paper
    4.Put your battery in the freezer. Yes!! in the freezer for 15-20 so it cools down.
    5.after that, take out the battery make sure is not wet and put it in your phone.
    6.let it charge with the phone turned off.

After that you have your fresh intact battery .and make sure you waste wisely.

**This is from personal experience. Just to be clear, this doesnt make the Battery better or anything. It just give it a boost and increases the cycle and that's it. The rest is up to you on how to waste it.**

They are more management tips that helps but it'll be to long to consider it to be a tip...
    verynuclear likes this.
  7. dRock86

dRock86 New Member

Which mugen powered battery do you have for your lg esteem? I'm thinking of buying one soon.
  8. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Then I assume everyone has an extended battery
  9. poluka2000

poluka2000 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I just joined. I just got my LG Esteem Tuesday night.

I was getting about 12 hours of use with no special considerations other then turning down screen brightness.

I did have Data, Wifi and Bluetooth on. I do not talk much on the phone, maybe 20-60 min. in a day. I also was not able to receive texts until this morning, though I did send several out. I do use the bluetoof in the car to stream audio while I am driving for about 1.5 hours a day (and occasionally talk).

I can speculate that I got better then average battery cycles because I mostly use WiFi for data, maybe the 4g takes more juice? I am making the assumption based on the screen symbols that when WiFi is present the 4g turns off? Maybe someone who knows more about it can chime in.

When I bought this phone my assumption was that with this big screen it would be extra power hungry, but I really want a big handset with a big screen because I am ham fisted oaf. I get the impression from reading these threads that the 4G data is also a major consumer.

By the way I would like to thank all the people that post all the information and questions.
  10. poluka2000

I guess I needed to check with my phone to get a more accurate account of my battery cycle.(I just figured out how to find the graph like in the previous posts)
    I can't post a pic, but it says I 15h 17m 52s and I think I got about 1/2 of a charge left (prolly a little less).
    according to the stats, 86% of the usage is by the Android System, so I would imagine that is where the conservation should take place?
    Cell Stand by 5%
    Bluetooth 4%
    Phone idle 4%
    WiFi 2%
    Well I think given those Stats I will just leave the bluetooth and the Wifi on :)
  11. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

As far as i know by just having the data (4g) off when you are not using it you save at least 2x of your battery life. The 4G eats slot of juice.
  12. poluka2000

I turned my 4g off last night but left my WiFi on to see if my Bat lasts longer

I have noticed a shift in the percentage of consumption from yesterday
    Android System 76%
    Cell Stand by 9%
    Bluetooth 7%
    Phone idle 6%
    WiFi 4%

I can only assume that the 4G and Display consumption are bundled in with the "Android System",,, So it appears turning off 4G has saved me about 10%. Like I said earlier I think the WiFi uses less juice then the 4G and I have WiFi available most of the time so I leave it on all the time.
  13. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

Turning off Background Data, menu>settings>accounts&sync, helps also.
  14. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

How do you turn off the 4G? There is no settings or app untill now that let you do so. Maybe you turned off all data.
  15. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Yeah. there is an app that turns off the 4g. It's called dataswitch in market.
  16. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Wrong. Dataswitch turn on/off all data, not only 4G.
  17. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I use 2x Battery off the Market. It kills data when the screen is off and helps the battery greatly. I get between 13-20 hours on a charge everyday and still have 10-30% left.
    toke_ and gbiggie like this.
  18. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

Does it kill wifi as well and turn it on after a certain amount of minutes (chosen by user) to check mail like juice defender does?
  19. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

It does not kill wifi. And it kills data once the screen is off but emails,texts, downloads from the Market and all that will still come thru and as soon as you wake the phone up the data re-enables.
    Prime85 likes this.
  20. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I use 2x battery too and is giving me about 12-14 hours of regular use.
  21. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Lol. It does turns off 4g with the condition of turning off the rest of data as well. Therefore that app DOES kill 4g. But if you are looking for only 4g that's another story ...
  22. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Of course I was looking for a 4G killing app but as I said before there is no one, for all data killing I have 2x Battery since the first day I bought my phone.
  23. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried screebl ?
  24. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

No. Is it real good for saving battery?
  25. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

I'm experimenting it. there was a time where i tried the app and most of my phone battery usage was onto screebl. It was:

Screebl: 56%
    System Android: 42%
    Idle:2%
    Wifi: 2%

I will try to test it and show it.