• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life troubles

Amarah

May 4, 2010
So don't laugh, but I have been INCREDIBLY lucky when it comes to battery life...that, or I'm not an idiot when it comes to using my phone. The previous three Incredibles I've had all gave me anywhere from 28 - 34 hours of battery life (once I uninstalled ATK, that is).

I rec'd a new phone last week because of a technical malfunction on phone #3, and this phone is giving me only 18 hours of battery life. And, yes, I know this is supposedly amazing. I've heard it. A lot. But, for me, to go from 28 hours of battery life to 18 hours of battery life is entirely unacceptable, especially given my travelling times.

VZW techies are telling me that the battery is fine, and that I'm an idiot for thinking Android phone batteries will last more than 14 - 16 hours. If I get an eye roll from one more tech services person, I'm going to scream.

In any case, and ideas on what could be going wrong with this phone that I'm getting such craptastic battery life? This phone has the exact same apps as the previous two Incredibles (thank you appbrain), and I'm using it the exact same way, and I've done all the battery tips and tricks I know of (and used with the previous phones, including the full discharge / charge cycles), but I'm getting nowhere.

tia

Root the phone and get SETCPU

It has increased my battery life tremendously!!!

I can get about 20 hours with medium use with my stock battery.

+1 This.

Also may want to consider a different kernel. The leaked stock HTC kernel provides better battery life and much faster charging than the current stock, plus it is compatible with the stock 2.2 ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones