Battery life velocity 1.1General

1. shane95670

shane95670 New Member

I have noticed that since rooting my phone to 2.2.2 velocity 1.1 that my battery life, even tho 100% charged for 6 or more hours when i sleep, will be 94% or below when unplugged. Any reason this happens?

Advertisement
    :
  2. delocated

delocated Member

how are you determining your avail level?
  3. shane95670

shane95670 New Member

Ever since i have had an android phone, i have used the Battery Monitor app off of the market. Seems to be the best free one that i have found so far.
    But this didnt happen before I rooted the phone. Maybe the different ROM using more. But to still say 100% charged then unplug and be at 94% is weird. maybe let it drain all the way down and fully charge cycle it?
    dcooterfrog likes this.
  4. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member

Mine will drop pretty fast right when unplugging it sometimes, I just figured its a reporting issue since overall battery life seems great. example yesterday it dropped from 100 to 94 in 20 minutes with no use, but then by the end of the day I still had 70% left.
  5. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Well-Known Member Developer

It's a reporting error, and battery degredation error at the same time. As the battery is used, it's max level drops. Don't worry about it so much until you're like going to the 80s on unplug. Then, it might be time for a new battery.