• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life Waaa Waaaa Sobb Sobb Poo Poo!! HA! Not Meee! 24 Hours and Still 36% Left...

I've used JD for a long time, but it appears I'm going to have to take precautions manually.

With the new 4G "soft rollout," I've been noticing a huge drop in battery life. Part of that is due to 4G itself, but after my phone died completely today, I began to suspect that JD wasn't helping.

Sure enough, when I tried to reconfigure JD, it stopped me because it didn't recognize the 4G connection. I had to switch to 3G in order to continue the process. It appears that JD doesn't know how to monitor 4G specifically.

I switched off mobile data with the JD widget, checked my settings and monitored my signal: sure enough, 4G was still on and the phone was still scanning and locking.

JD's a great app, but it appears to be in need of a 4G update.

Upvote 0
I've used JD for a long time, but it appears I'm going to have to take precautions manually.

With the new 4G "soft rollout," I've been noticing a huge drop in battery life. Part of that is due to 4G itself, but after my phone died completely today, I began to suspect that JD wasn't helping.

Sure enough, when I tried to reconfigure JD, it stopped me because it didn't recognize the 4G connection. I had to switch to 3G in order to continue the process. It appears that JD doesn't know how to monitor 4G specifically.

I switched off mobile data with the JD widget, checked my settings and monitored my signal: sure enough, 4G was still on and the phone was still scanning and locking.

JD's a great app, but it appears to be in need of a 4G update.

Im sure it will be updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones