Battery Life Walkthrough - Methods that helped me

Last Updated:

1. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery life was horrible when I first switched from my rotten apple to my little green android :p

I did a little exploring and found some nice applications to extend battery life.

The Tools: WiFi OnOff, GPSOnOff. BluetoothOnOff & Taskpanel

We all know that GPS, BT, and Wifi will drain a phone no matter what brand. Toggle WiFi , GPS. and Bluetooth with the respective applications (free) when they are not in use. We also heard claims from apple about Iphone not multi tasking natively to save battery life. I am not sure why but a lot of apps load at startup like AK Notepad, PEEP and other seemingly load for no reason.

Enter Taskpanel you can choose the apps you want to ignore at startup. For example ignore IM if you use Meebo, ignore mail if you use GMail. Let's say you tweet occasionally you can also auto kill applications after an allotted time. I can run peep and set auto shutdown after 5 min. Between TaskPanel and the toggle apps my battery life has been extended.

You can also keep auto dim enabled (use the volume button to wake the screen up). Little tweaks like this pay off.

Advertisement
  2. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

How do you open Taskpanel? Or is that an app to download from the market?

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Do you think taskpanels better than advanced task manager free?

Also, taskpanel is an app you have to download meangreendub

4. penguin-power

penguin-power Member

5. bryanheath

I nabbed TaskPanel from the Google Market for free. Next I made a shortcut for TaskPanel on my desktop as well as the toggle apps. TaskPanel can run as a service but I decided not to do so. I will verify the kill switch is still working in 5 minutes.

I tried a couple of the top rated free task managers and liked taskPane best. I will give task manager free a shot. I am always up for suggestions.

By the way handcent is a pretty cool SMS app. I read some threads that indicate the default SMS may be hurting battery life as well. That was not even in my equation. I am going to see if my battery life has improved further from switching to handcent.

6. bryanheath

7. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I use ChompSMS which is really good and very customisable. More functional and better looking than the stock messages app imo.

Btw, I switched to taskpanel which I reckon is better.