Battery Life: What is UID 10010?Support

Last Updated:

1. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems that this UID 10010 may be keeping my phone awake. Its been off the charger for 2 hours and is down to 90% battery life with zero use while my eris got a bunch more use (on 2.1 v3) and is only down to 98%.

The Running % and the Screen On % are far apart on the Incredible, but very very close on the Eris.

They both have the same apps installed.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member

BUMP. I am seeing this as well. Anyone?

3. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Go take a look at the charging threads to understand what's happening in detail. To give you a quick answer: the phone doesn't charge to a true 100% unless you force it to by turning it off, unplugging it and plugging back in until the indicator turns green - you have to do that a few times to get a true 100% charge.

This could be called a "bug," but it's by design from what I understand. The idea being that batteries have an ideal charge level that creates a good environment for power:longevity. In other words, the battery likes to be charged to a max of ~90% to reduce wear and tear and extend the life. This was best explained somewhere in here using the comparison of what Toyota(?) engineers found when designing electric vehicle batteries.

4. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member

That was actually helpful, so thank you. I have been doing the unplug trick, but might start to let it just keep my battery life optimal. However, my question (which I think was the same as the OP), is about UID 10010.

When I go into the app "Spare Parts", and look at Battery History, if I choose Network Usage, for example, I get a lot of different applications and what they are using. The top usage is not an application like everything else, however. It just says "UID 10010". I am curious what app that is.

Is that just what, in other categories of Spare Parts, is labeled "Android System"? I suspect that is what it is, but am curious.

Cheers
    Rich

5. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

My spare parts app lists a "uid 10033"

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

go to partial wake usage first, don't have to check anything, then go to network usage and check that uid 10XXX whatever and it should list the apps that register under that UID, if it doesnt crash the settings app.

Mine shows:
    Contacts storage
    data call log storage
    google search
    people
    people
    quick search box
    com.android.providers.applications
    com.android.providers.userdictionary

your phone might be stuck syncing contacts, i've had this happen before, reboot usually takes care of it.

7. y2kirk1028

y2kirk1028 Active Member

use a file explorer, ie. Astro, and navigate to /proc/10010 folder. scroll down to find a "status" file and open it as text. You should see the process name on top and some other useful info.

8. autocreeper

autocreeper Member

I looked in the /proc folder for the 10094 folder as I'm getting something called UID 10094 eating up my battery - it's not in there.

First new idea I had seen in sometime though, so I thought I would try it.