1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Battery Life

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

What are some ways we can get immidiate good results for battery life when we first buy the Epic? Ive accepted that my Moment has bad battery life and am hooked into the charger any chance I can get.

When should I do that discharge recharge thing?? How should I do it?

Advertisement
  2. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member

The software battery meter conditioning should be done when you first get the phone, just to calibrate everything so you don't have to worry about it later on. The Epic has a 1500mha and it all depends on what you do with it. If you don't have a lot of social networking things and other background applications running then you would get better then otherwise.

Here is a review of the battery life of a SGS, should make you happy: Samsung I9000 Galaxy S full battery test ready ? up with the best
  3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

So should I kill the battery before doing my first charge?? Or wait until night?
  4. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member

What I normally do is, yes, turn on the handset and use it normally (not pound the battery to oblivion), until it dies. Next, charge it up while it is off via USB connected to a computer. This way usually charges it slower, and doesn't heat up the battery as much. Then, turn it on and use it normally again until it dies. Lastly, charge it up however you want to, while it is on, to full. Then you should be set.

This needs to be done every 6 or so months and any time you get a new ROM on it.
    Eazail70x7 likes this.