battery life :(

1. Murzilka

Murzilka New Member

What is going on with my cliq??

+Tried two different batteries
    +Tried two phones (T-mobile sent replacement)
    +Standby battery life is 12 hours! If I use it even slightly it's way less!
    +I DO NOT have 3G internet, just wireless.
    +If I turn off wireless it does not help the battery life
    +I do not have GPS running
    +I did not install any applications on this second phone so app problem is out of the question

If I take SIM card out and let it sit there with everything running, its standby time becomes like 3 days. (I used my old beat-up phone while I was doing this little experiment)...

Any suggestions? :mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

Well, the only other thing that it would about your battery life is actual usage of the phone. How much in the day to use it?
  3. TheMagicFetus

TheMagicFetus New Member

does it ever happen to you that the battery goes from about 29% to dead?
  4. Murzilka

Murzilka New Member

Well even if I do not use it AT ALL it still dies in 12 hrs. For example, after trying a desperate thing to fix this problem, I unplugged it yesterday at 7 pm, put it on my desk, and did not touch it at all. By 7 am it was bugging me to plug it in...If I talk on it once or twice it dies in less than 12 hrs. I've pretty much given up web prowsing, downloading or using apps.... so now I have an equivalent of a non-fancy normal phone which cost $150 with service and lasts less than this non-fancy normal phone would. How frustrating! :(

Hmmm I haven't noticed that but I will look for it next time it starts dying on me... :confused:
  5. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading an app killer? Thats helped increase my battery life to almost double what it used to be. Now it can sit idle with no use al all for almost 26 hours.
  6. bcarter383

bcarter383 New Member

My cliq was doing the same thing, what i do is run the battery all the way down to it shuts the phone off. Then let it perform a complete charge, this has helped my battery life go a day and a half on a single charge. I have had my Cliq for 7 months and this is the original battery.
  7. Murzilka

Murzilka New Member

I wanted to let everyone know that the only thing that worked for me was turning off google talk (or signing out). I also downloaded $1.00 application which allowed me to prevent useless apps from starting up (like office, etc). Now my battery goes down 3% in an hour, not 30%.
  8. KoshTaru

KoshTaru New Member

Which app are you referring to? I'm intrigued ^^