Battery Life ...

Last Updated:

1. sa385

sa385 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently moved over to an android from bb9700. The first 3 days i had the phone the battery drained in matter of hours i didn't even get a days use out of it. I drained the battery twice ... turned off my phone while it was fully charged and today i had amazing battery life ... heres my usage detail and what not ... and i was on the phone the whole day taking pictures .. listening to music phone calls, used gps and browser and messaging ... and im always on 3g since im in wind mobile and in 2g ill be roaming .. just wanted to share my experience ... hope it helps anyone whose planning to come over to android ... the most amazing device i've used to date.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

My battery lasts so good in mine now that I've switched off the automatic brightness, gone back to the live wall paper, and leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time. I've made a few calls today, messed around on the phone checking e-mails, updating apps, using apps, etc., and my battery is still at 64% after over 14 hours!

3. nmprofessional

nmprofessional Member

Side note: How did you get the screenshots of your phone screen?

4. grinnin_wide

grinnin_wide New Member

im gonna try this today an see if my battery last longer for tomorrow.
    thanks for the tip

5. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see how this holds up from day to day use. Maybe it's just something that's gotta be done every so often.

6. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

In general I've seen charging while the phone is off help improve life. Also you ran down your battery to empty then charged up, again that helps. I know some say these batteries dont need to be broken in, but its been my experience that over time the life gets better.

Another trick for rooted phones, is to delete the battery statistics. Think of newer cars that instead of a gas gauge, say how many miles remain, thats the same as the battery statistics used on the phone. These stats tend to come from a baseline test phone, and sometimes can cause the phone to report incorrect battery life. You can as root, manually delete the file, or use Rom Manager to delete it.

7. Thajones

Thajones New Member

I did the same changeover you did, and was appalled at battery life. Of course, the live wallpaper actually made mine WORSE. I tried the Wifi thingy that was supposed to turn it off when you are away from "remembered" wifi spots, but none of the spots ever show up on the list. Smart Wifi for my 9700 was great in that regard. I keep GPS off and bluetooth off, I figured that would make matters even worse.

Maybe I'll root this thing and see how it goes; after all, that was one of the reasons I switched over from being a crackberry addict the last 7-8 years

8. sa385

sa385 New Member This Topic's Starter

i downloaded it from the market ... the app is called screenshot

9. optimusprime1

optimusprime1 Member