Battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. cowana

cowana Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone

My battery seems to be draining pretty quickly, even though I'm using JuiceDefender. I'm running Android 2.2. The following info is taken while away from wifi for 80% of the day. I loose 5% of battery per hour if it is just in standby, and the battery is now down to 12% after 4 hours of actual use. No GPS, just music or mobile internet. Does this life seem normal?

Apps running constantly in the background:
    UltimateJuice
    Juice Plotter
    3G Watchdog

Battery level 12%
    Up time: 14 hours
    Awake time: 4 hours

Cell standby 36%
    Phone Idle 33%
    Android system 19%
    WiFi 8%
    Display 4%

Syncing Microsoft Exchange as items arrive (Push) (note the first ultimate juice setting)

Ultimate Juice settings:
    When screen off, enable data/wifi for 30s every 5m
    Leave data/wifi enabled while screen on
    Keep wifi disabled while not at a hotspot

Even with all these limitations, with wifi off, it looses 5% per hour just through 30s of data every 5 minutes. Can you recommend a way of making the battery last longer? Should I change my email settings? I'm using gmail.

Thanks

Andrew

Advertisement
  2. flashbox

flashbox Member

My one biggest tip on battery life savings is backlight. When indoors i have it set to the lowest setting possible, and only turn it up if outdoors.

Other than that try switching your exchange to only check every 15 or 30 mins. I know it sounds like a long time, but if you're like me you're always in and out of the app anyway so i figure I am probably syncing every 10-15 mins. It really saves a lot of battery.

3. cowana

Although exchange is trying to download constantly, UltimateJuice only has the data on for 30s every 5 minutes (in standby). Does exchange still use power the other 4m30s?

The other problem is that if you set exchange to sync every 15 minutes, does it have to coincide with a 30s window where the data is active? If so, maybe I should try disabling the schedule part of ultimate juice.

Andrew

4. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

Disable ultimate juice and juice plotter for a couple of days ;) even watchdog imo
    WOrked for me

5. cowana

Thanks lifeonmtv - tomorrow will be a juice free day!