• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life?

TozyJay

Sep 13, 2010
Burlington, KY
Apologies if this a duplicate thread, I did a brief search and didn't see anything else related to the Fascinate.

I've been extremely happy with the Fascinate so far except for one thing - the battery life. I see many users on here touting how pleased they are with battery life on heavy use and wonder what I could be doing wrong.

I work 3rd shift so I charge my phone while I sleep and unplug it (fully charged) when I wake up around 6:30-7:30 PM. I use my phone a fair amount but not as much as some, I'm sure. It seems the battery symbol ends up in the orange within 10-11 hours at most. Is this normal? If not, are there any settings I can adjust on the device to increase battery life?

I appreciate the help!

One thing of note that if your phone is plugged in and on all night, it will be unplugging at about 95-98%, not 100%.

If you're using it heavily, 10-11 hours might be about right. With moderate and conservative settings, I can usually get about 15-20 hours, which works fine for leaving for work, and getting home late.

This doesn't count the fact that I have a charger in my car, and at work - so really, this is never too much of an issue.

Coming from an HTC Incredible, I'm seeing about 20-30% more battery remaining at similar intervals throughout the day, so I am personally pleased with the battery life. I will still be buying a Seidio extended if/when they release one.

In terms of settings...I'd turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth if you aren't using it. Location services too (I'm paranoid). Non-push email can be set to 30-60 minute sync intervals instead of 5-15. Turn screen brightness down a notch (most of the day, even the lowest screen brightness is plenty bright for me).

Make sure any third-party widgets and things you are using aren't keeping the phone in a permanent awake state. Even the smallest widgets, if coded poorly, can kill battery life.

Upvote 0
I'm getting increasingly impressive battery life myself. I'll concur that turning off WiFi, BT, GPS is a good idea when not in use. I've found the following to be true for me. The battery is good for about 5 straight hours of HEAVY duty use. I'm talking non-stop data usage, calls via BT, texting, Internet, app and game use; screen on basically the whole. So from there just divide it out. If you are on your SF 30 minutes per hour you should be getting around 10 hours. 20 minutes per hour 15 hours.
So according to my theory I must only be averaging 15-20 minutes of use per hour nowadays because I can go 16-20 hours consistently now before my battery dies.
Here's a bonus nugget of knowledge. Last night I still had 44% battery life remaining at 920pm. I made a phonecall via BT that ended at 1255am when phone powered off. So I went 3.5 hours on BT and it used less than half the battery. This seems to confirm or even exceed the rated battery life for calls which usually place the SF around 6-7hrs

Upvote 0
My battery life has gradually 'increased' thoughout the first week of use. Now, that's also to say.. after the first two days of use.. my use of the device was probably cut in half. Due to going back to work.. not being a weekend.. not downloading everything I can.

When I get out of work (9-10 hours off charger) with only wifi on I'm around 80% life left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones