Battery life?

Last Updated:

1. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How long does your battery last? Since Froyo, my battery lasts 5-8 hours. before Froyo I got about 24 hours. I have everything set off, no notifications, nothing refreshing and no task killers.

Advertisement
  2. Wazoo

Wazoo Well-Known Member

Mine lasts over a day, but I charge it every night before I go to bed. It usually goes down to 60-50% before the night.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Today I pulled my phone off the charger at 7 AM, it's at 50% right now but it's been a light usage day.
    About 5 minutes of calls, a few texts (GV), a few checks of newsrob and Engadget, a few checks on Tapatalk and a few checks here (few = 2 each probably, texts = 5).
    Now that I'm home I will start making/getting calls and the battery will be dead by 8:30 - 9, sooner if I play any games.
    Some days I get about 6 hours, some days 12 hours, some days I can make it all the way 'til 11 or so when I go to bed.
    Battery life does seem worse after Froyo though. I'm resorting to buying a charger and extra battery...would never have thought about that pre-Froyo.

4. ron95020

ron95020 New Member

Once in a while I left the internet on and it drains the battery like really fast. had that happen yesterday while i was a way without a charger and my phone went off tell I could find a charger.

5. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

I had that problem after the update too. Five hours with virtually no use, compared to 20-23 hours before. Had to do a factory reset. I've seen some other people on here that have had the same problem, factory reset worked for some but not all.

6. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

I'm rooted and overclocked, and I use mine pretty regularly (send 10 emails/get emails constantly, send/receive 20-30 texts each way, spend about 45 minutes talking on the phone, check facebook/twitter a few times and browse the internet reading news for about 2 hours a day) and manage to get about 19 hours on a single charge.

7. SDraconis

SDraconis Member

8. _Jroid

_Jroid Member

^^ glad i read that. I just checked mine and it was 50% time w/o signal. hopefully it fixes mine because ive noticed battery drainage above normal lately.