battery life

Last Updated:

1. shivanshu

shivanshu Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i got my desire the day before yesterday. I've been concerned and worried about apps running in the background and draining the battery life. I tried installing Advanced Task Killer for this. Today morning I got a mail from Lifehacker telling about the downsides of apps like these.

The Lifehacker recommended me to download Watchdog.

Will the Watchdog app or the Advanced Task Killer app help me in conserving battery life?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

uninstall task killers. You dont need to be concerned about apps running in the background. Android manages these. The only background apps that should concern you are ones that connect to the internet and Sync.

each of these apps should have settings where you can change the frequency of these synchronisations, which will save battery

There are actually a lot of battery threads in this forum. If you use search, you will find a lot of tips on how best to conserve battery power.

Welcome to the forums

shivanshu likes this.
  3. widehead

widehead Well-Known Member

danfrance is 100% correct but just to clarify:

unless the apps are doing something like synching online (which you can prevent) the apps are not "running and draining the battery". They are stored in memory. This actually saves battery life.

Let android do its android thing.

shivanshu likes this.
  4. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why Lekky's thread, about task-killers, wasn't stickied!!

Would avoid a lot of redundant threads!!

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There was a project across all phone forums to limit to 1 sticky per forum, which would contain links to poignant threads.

Not sure where ours has gone though

6. leeeroy

leeeroy Member

isnt that today!?

some kind of
    Hot tub Desire Time Machine

like said, read some other battery threads and take what you can from what many people have tried

7. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

I guess you are referring to my post...

Important and useful threads should be stickied.

Not only make things easier to find (vBulletin sucks when it comes to searching) but, it would also save a lot of bandwidth by eliminating redundant threads!! ;)