• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Note that the default WiFi setting is to turn off when the screen turns off. So if you didn't play with the phone much, WiFi was probably off most of the time.

You probably also get pretty good cell signal at your location, which alleviates battery usage.

During the three days of up time on a single charge, I did play with it another hour or two per day, downloading and trying out apps and messaging. I also used the bar code scanner for reading foods into my Calorie Counter (FatSecret) app.

I also use it with bluetooth in my car, either for calling or streaming via Pandora. I did that for maybe an hour or two total during the 3-day up time.

I have 3 bars at work and home. So working only as a cell phone, I probably could even get it to go to 4 or 5 days. But then, I only make 2-3 calls per day.

I mostly use my much more capable PCs for web stuff at home and work. I view my Droid more like one of those emergency donut tires in the car - nice in a pinch but I really want to get to a good PC ASAP, with a bigger screen and faster link and processing. I guess I'm just from the older generation.

I'm actually very pleased and impressed with the Droid battery time. I just don't understand all the complaints on this thread. Do you other guys ever get off your phone/SMS source/PDA/internet gateway thing? You must be constantly attached like those Borgs...

Just realized that would be, uh, ... Borgs on Droids...

Upvote 0
There is no break-in or conditioning affect w/the lithium batteries in our Droids.

The batteries prefer partial discharges rather than full discharges.

They do not have any memory issues.

You can leave it on the charger overnight or whatever...it will stop charging when full, and no damage will occur.

You should run the battery down every 30 days or so to calibrate the battery meter on the Droid.

Them's the facts...

Agreed....LI's tend to prefer partial discharg over full discharge. I charge mine every night and get long use out of them.

Upvote 0
My battery life is pretty good. I take mine off the charger at 0350 in the morning and run it all day with normal usage (some surfing the net, some calling, some calendar usage).

I did the "conditioning" of my battery the first week and it DID seem to work to increase my battery life. I also use the App called Battery Left. Great App.

In my opinion, I think they reason for the quick battery life is because the Droid newness hasn’t warn off yet. Peeps are using their Droid all day exploring, net surfing, and downloading new apps. The real test is when the newness wears off and the phone is used under normal conditions. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones