• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life

Robi119

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
Hi there Im new to the Android system, I just got the Galaxy 2S. I really like the phone but in the last week my battery life has gone to the dumps. I fully charged my phone at 4 pm yesterday and it was dead this morning with minimal use.
I checked to see what was being used the most it said the display so i went and changed all that to the lowest setting before bed and it still died. I was also looking at the running sevices and i close some but then they would start running again without me opening then and some of them like the Digital clock widget wasnt even on any of my screens.
COuld i get so help here or i'm a just ******ed.

Thanks

4pm to this morning, if that was 6am, that means 14hrs, so thats already pretty decent battery life. First smartphone? :)

In general, all smartphones whether my Samsung, Nokia, Sony, HTC (God HTC is one of the worst actually) would barely last over 15hrs in real life usage (of course this is also dependent upon certain settings, but that's the average). Apple manages to last longer but thats more due to aggressiveness against proper multitasking in their system.

You can get more life by installing battery saving apps like Green Power or Juice Defender.

Upvote 0
Was it in standby for most of that time or were you using it? It shouldn't be dying that quickly if the display wasn't being utilized.

Depends on his settings. 14-17hrs is the standby life I could expect from my Galaxy SL even with screen off. Its due mostly to the fact I have data turned on always and have background sync enabled (Facebook, emails, etc). I just recently installed JuiceDefender and it seems it will give me at least an additional 5hrs battery life on regular use.

Upvote 0
Although you might not want to take this route, rooting+installing a custom ROM+underclocking the processor is the best way to get good battery life out of your Android phone. Most stock ROMs are loaded with manufacturer crapware which is a major factor in reduced battery life. Also, use the phone at minimum display brightness whenever you can.

I get anywhere between 36-48 hours standby time on my ZTE blade. It could be even more, but my phone is never inactive for over an hour unless I'm sleeping. I lose around 2-3% overnight with data ON and I'm on the latest CM7 nightly.

Upvote 0
I have a similar prob with my Galaxy S2, all of a sudden the battery drains overnight, I can go to sleep with a full battery and when I wake up it is nearly empty. It never used to do this, maybe I am sleeping twice as long without realising it?! I havnt changed any settings or anything. Hmmm. Thoughts anyone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones