• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery life

gmermel

Nov 15, 2009
My battery life suddenly dropped significantly. Got a new battery but no change. When I check usage none of my non-system apps are using more than 5% of my charge.

The display is above 50% utilization. It is set to auto. Manually dimming it to medium brightness has also not helped.

Suggestions?

Have a bad 3G signal? That will eat up battery like crazy.
GPS on? Screen on for longer than 1 minute before auto shut off? Do you allow the auto shut off to shut the screen off instead of hitting the power button?

Just some simple ideas that sometimes get over looked. But a bad 3G signal is the worst offender.

Upvote 0
I hear ya dude, same thing has been happening to me for the past week. I went from 10-12 hours of battery power per day to recharging every 5 hours or so. This is with light use. It's saying my display is up around 30%, phone idle is about 25%, cell standby is around 20%, and the next largest offender is opera mini up around 15%.

I've always had some trouble with my data connection with my DX, but it's never drained the phone like this before. I'm gonna see what happens when I get rid of ESPN Scorecenter... I'm hoping that is the problem. If not, I'll try updating to a newer CM7 nightly or CM9. Then a new battery (if it's cheap). If none of that is the problem, I might just end up having to replace my trusty DX. :(

Upvote 0
I had to buy a new battery last week. I found one on Amazon for just over $4. My issue was just an old, bulged battery.

1334552723530.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones