Battery life...General

Last Updated:

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Just sharing:

2. brawndo

brawndo Active Member

Too bad the timer doesn't reset when you plug your phone in and unplug it. Nice try though. And if your idle is as much as your screen is....then you must never even use the thing.
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Idle time is important to me, as I'm in a marginal LTE signal area, and the "17 hours on battery" is from charging the phone to full, while powered off, and then powering on.

I would not see the same battery life while at work, where signal is less than -93dBm, which is worse than what I'm getting at home. Regardless, this thread was only a sample result for comparison.
    As with my LTE Note, I'm noticing that the screen is most taxing on battery. However dimming the brightness a bit more via the "Screen Adapter" app seems to be helping a bit.
  4. AtrixHD

AtrixHD Member

I installed the free juice defender and battery is at 71% after 10hrs with normal use and screen set to auto instead as dim as it will go. Normally before juice defender my phone would be 15% or dead by now. So Juice Defender really works good IMO.

Just to add when im at home my phone goes between 4g and edge back an fourth and sometimes no service.
  5. AtrixHD

AtrixHD Member

Wow still 35% after 26hrs.
  6. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Well-Known Member

Well I bought one of these phones on Sunday and using Juice Defender Ultimate I have been able to get 12 hours of use out of the battery. This is with playing games,surfing,texting,calling and listening to music for 8 hrs at work.

I also have a 4G/4G LTE signal all that time.
    asucit2 and AtrixHD like this.
  7. techguy21

techguy21 Member

Battery life was pretty good for me if I didn't use it.
    I was out and about with moderate usage and had to plug it in by late afternoon. Otherwise I really liked this phone.
  8. leeindy

leeindy New Member

mine will idle all damn day. but start to use it and the battery plummets.

can we change the batteries in this phone?
  9. techguy21

techguy21 Member

Going with a One X now - it's $50 for a refurb from AT&T's website.
    I've had 2 other refurbs before and never a problem.
  10. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

I have had this phone for 3 full days, so it is still getting used to my schedule (love the Smart Actions). However, I have to say I am thus far I am happy with the battery life. It is certainly not stellar, but it lasts longer than my Atrix 2's battery ever did, which is pleasantly surprising. I actually purchased an external battery/charger in anticipation of poor battery performance, but I don't believe I will use it nearly as much as I thought I would.
  11. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

Here is another suggestion to help with battery life: UNINSTALL any RSS Feed Reader.

I downloaded one (GReader) and signed up for about 10 threads. Over the course of the following 3 days, my battery died by Noon each day. I tried adjusting the settings to no background updates, and no updating unless on WiFi. Didn't make a bit of difference. As soon as I unistalled the RSS Feed Reader, my batterylife stablized and returned to normal.

I can go all day at work and up to going to bedwithouthaving to re-charge the phone. I guess all the horror stories of poor battery performance were pre-Jelly Bean update. I have had nothing but GREAT battery performance from this phone by using Smart Actions and Juice Defender.

Hope this helps any of you who may be getting less-than-stellar battery life from your Atrix HD.