battery lifeSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-07 23:40:13
  1. deathstrike

deathstrike New Member

I just got the rise and my battery went from a full charge to 8% in about 3 hours i turned mobile data off and battery doesn't drain is this normal.

Advertisement
  2. Takenover83

Takenover83 Member

No, the battery life on this phone is actually very good. Lot's of reports confirming that.
  3. deathstrike

deathstrike New Member

OK thanks I will have to get it looked at
  4. Takenover83

Takenover83 Member

It could just be you have very poor signal. The worst your signal, the faster your battery drain. Or a a cpu/data hungry app(s), that are out of control.
    sneaky_1 likes this.
  5. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

You can see which apps are using battery, with the battery use shortcut in the app drawer. If it an app you dont use check its settings for anything data oriented, or if it can be disabled in the manage apps section. Also try using WiFi instead of 3g if you have it available.
  6. DannySihapanya

DannySihapanya Well-Known Member

Either you didnt power cycle the battery enough or having a lot of backround activity or both.
  7. LightyKD

LightyKD Well-Known Member

My battery goes from 100 percent to 4 percent in 5 hours. That's with my screen on lowest setting and using Juice Defender. Anybody able to beat that?
  8. RizeAbove

RizeAbove Member

Same situation here. In the beginning Juice Defender was working great. A full charge lasted me atleast a day. The only suggestions i really have..which you may have already tried. check your running apps under battery every once in awhile after using mutiple apps. force close what u dont need..i personally dont use live wallpaper as it kills kyocera rise battery quick. also widgets will drain battery VERY quick. hmm...cant really think of anything else...anyone else have any suggestions as im curious myself...this is my second kyocera rise. first was deemed faulty device by tech support..so got a replacement and battery life is just impossible..i use chrome as my default browser..and i do alot of browsing. any suggestions on a less RAM and battery hog browser? :confused:
  9. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

I like dolphin mini or dolphin HD (more resource hungry). The big battery hog on a android is 3g data, use WiFi as much as you can, or disable 3g when not needed (you can still receive texts and calls without it on, just can't get MMS).