1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Battery lifeSupport

1. thewarden

thewarden Active Member

I'm getting really crappy battery life, seems like ever since that update rolled out the other morning, but I could be wrong about that. A full charge used to last me all day on standby, now it's dead in 2 or 3 hours after full charge, EVEN IF I DON'T USE IT!!! Seems the media download manager (?) is the culprit according to the attached screen shots??

Any tips or advice?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. rcarter10

rcarter10 Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty much the same, get about a day with moderate use
  3. BoogieTrain

BoogieTrain Well-Known Member

Use CPU Spy Plus to view your CPU states (it should be in "deep sleep" when your phone's screen is off/its idle.

You can use betterbatterystats to see what is holding the wakelock using the "partial wakelock option"

Last night my phone was in deep sleep the whole time and I lost 3 percent in 5 hours.

I can get a full day with "moderate" usage.
  4. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

I average 3% per hour average use and 1% per hour idle time.

The secret? Trexcell 3800mah extended battery ;)
  5. PiitaaDerbez

PiitaaDerbez Well-Known Member

I have that battery and I don't know what it is but my numbers aren't as great as yours. Well, idle I get around what you get, but that's what I get with the stock battery.

If I use the phone I can burn through the battery pretty quick
    -_-
  6. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Hmm I dunno. Are you on stock rom?
  7. PiitaaDerbez

PiitaaDerbez Well-Known Member

Yup I'm on stock rom. I can drain the battery in a matter of hours if I use it heavily, I'm sure.

My phone also suffers from that wifi glitch. If I don't have JuiceDefender enabled, sometimes the battery drains like there's no tomorrow.