• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

Aprilrenee

Lurker
May 24, 2013
I have own my phone for only 3 months and 2 days ago my Battery life had taken a big fall. I use to only have to charge it once a day and now I have to charge ir every 3.5 hours. I have to shut the phone off to charge it cause if I have the phone on it will take 1 hour to charge it 2%. I am just wondering if anyone knows what makes that happen overnight?

I have own my phone for only 3 months and 2 days ago my Battery life had taken a big fall. I use to only have to charge it once a day and now I have to charge ir every 3.5 hours. I have to shut the phone off to charge it cause if I have the phone on it will take 1 hour to charge it 2%. I am just wondering if anyone knows what makes that happen overnight?

maybe a new app got installed and/ or something cpu intensive is running now causing the batt to get used up quick?

just an idea...

i have an app that shows me cpu usage, called osmonitor, it could show you if theres any heavy usage going on... there are other apps also that do the same thing, any should work...

Upvote 0
I've only had this phone for a week and it immediately updated to jellybean when I fired it up so I have no idea how that battery life was before the update. Right now this phone probably has the worst battery life I've experienced on an a Boost Android phone. So far I've had a Samsung Transform Ultra, and a Samsung Galaxy Rush. The Rush had amazing battery life. What's the deal with this LG?

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
LG Venice does have a huge battery problem. But what you can do to stop the constant drain is the following:

1- this model doesn't have as much RAM as many other models, despite it's price, it's firmware is very low end. Applications like Facebook are battery hogs. So clear out all apps that you were using before you goto the next app you want to use.

2- if you want to leave it in standby and have no charger, but can't turn it on because you await a call [example], turn off the data network and bring up the power saver mode. Clean up the RAM as well with the Task Manager.

That is pretty much what I do all the time.

Upvote 0
little late to the party but out of the box early version had great battery. the upgrade killed it, but I have some good work arounds which seem to come together rather well. I have had my phone for over 2 years or something like that and recently got the little lady one because the prevail 2 is a piece of junk and both of our original prevails just couldn't hack it anymore.

The phone is nice because it lets you turn off some apps with a disable function or by not syncing so much. I hardly ever use powersaver now or have some sort of data not running.

Turn off location access, turn off some of the notifications

I still use Juicedefender and that helps when the phone is in "sleep" also Advanced Task Killer (I have it set to autokill most of the time) and History Eraser to clear caches)

Set it to pull emails in intervals and not all the time (I have 6 email accounts set up on mine)

I have no wigits or background animations except for the Clear Ram button.

I have it set to not use the connections optimizer, I noticed it was always defaulting to wifi and searching for networks and destroying the battery.

Also clearing open apps w/the home button also works if you don't want to use the clear ram app.

I do use quiet mode at night when I'm sleeping

If I'm not streaming w/movies-tv-radio or playing around a lot on the web or some other apps I can usually get more than 24 hours from a charge. Sometimes it lasts longer sometimes shorter. Also it was suggested to me to let the battery discharge 100% here and there and take out the battery for about 15 minutes. That has actually shown to help.

I see there are some newer things you can do with the latest firmware upgrade like tethering and and hotspoting as well as some things I dont remember seeing in the developers options menu.

I'd say just play around with different set ups. I also have no games and rarely go on facebook these days.

Upvote 0
My wife has this phone and it keeps draining on her... not that bad but it doesnt last all day like my phone. Out of curiousity does anyone know which phone model is similar to this one because I am hoping to order a phone battery from zero lemmon. I found the page and I am assuming the 840g is similar to this phone in terms of battery but I do not know how to figure this out.

ZeroLemon » Product Categories » LG

Can someone help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones