• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
Phoenix
For what might be the millionth time I'm sure, I want to find out with my usage on my DNA what I can do to extend my battery life. I don't consider myself a heavy user of the phone in general and below I will list how I use my phone and what things I DON'T use. I want to be as clear as possible so that there isn't a misunderstanding of how I use my phone. Everyone uses their phone differently. I just don't feel that having to plug into a charger 2 times a day is what I should be doing.

I'm a night owl due to sleep issues so I use my phone more in depth at night than I do during the day.

Use: I start using my phone regularly at about 9am everyday. It's fully charged when I do so. I use Juice Defender Ultimate and have it set to aggressive. I text 98% of the time. I browse Facebook at least twice a day. I browse Twitter 4 to 5 times a day. I play Candy Crush a few times a day. I play The Simpsons a couple times a day. I don't really use it to make or receive phone calls all that often. I am a stay at home dad and full time student so I don't work. That about sums up what I do use on my phone at a daily basis.

Non Use: I don't use youtube, I don't use maps, I don't use GPS, I don't use the stock email client. I don't use music at all on my phone. Pretty much I don't use 98% of the crap they put on the phone. I feel as though I'm a light user with this phone compared to most. If I'm not then feel free to tell me so and explain how. I love this phone and would love to get just a little bit more out of the battery.

So now that I've explained all that I do and don't do with my phone I'm open and waiting for the responses to flood in.....hopefully. I can spend half my day texting a few people and I end up with less than 50% battery. If I'm not texting very much then I'm good for the majority of the day. I just can't see texting using that much battery. Yes the screen is awesome and will take some battery life because that is the main cause of it but it can't take that much?

I pretty much use my phone the same as you do without the Twitter, but i do listen to music quiet a bit. My battery seems to do well, I dont have juice defender installed but i do use the Snapdragon app 'Battery Guru'. I get on average 14 hours from 100% to under 5%. Another thing I'd like to add is I use a different sms app other than the stock and a different launcher. I dont know if this is any help but all together my battery seems to do good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones