Battery losing 10 to 15% charge within an hour or 2?Support

Last Updated:

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I get up in the morning and take my phone off the charger it's at 100%. Within an hour or 2, it's at around 85% with little to no phone usage of any kind. Wi fi, 4g, gps and all that stuff is always off. Has anyone else experienced this with their Evo? I apologize if there is already a thread on this. Thanks in advance for any input.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Your phone is usually running some background processes and when on the charger, once the light turns green (and diagnostics say you're at 100%) - it starts running on battery. When it gets down to around (several of us believe) say, 92~93%, the charger goes on and off and floats around that value. When you take the phone off the charger, even though it says it's at 100% - it's most likely closer to 90% and within an hour, the software settles out and tells the truth.

This is actually identical to laptop behavior, except a laptop is liable to tell you around 90 or 95% within say 15 minutes (this causes people to buy laptop batteries unnecessarily).

The main thing is the charging circuit is working to NOT overwork and blow up the battery.

Your phone should be able to sleep and use next to no power at all.

If you suspect your phone isn't sleeping, check out this thread, it's mighty helpful, honest -

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html