• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery losing power while charging...

Instinct User

Mar 19, 2010
I'm completely stumped and hope someone on here can help me out. A few days ago I plugged up my evo prior to going to bed only to wake up to a completely dead battery in the morning (the light was blinking orange). Fortunately I have a few non oem batteries lying around so I simply popped one of them in and was able to boot it up. All was normal again for a few days and then it happened again last night. Woke up to another dead battery this time using the non oem battery. Also, I've had the phone plugged up throughout the day today but it's still constantly losing juice. I thought it may be a bad battery port but the light comes on when it's plugged up and the battery icon in the status bar also indicates that it's charging. I then assumed that maybe there was an app that was going wild so I did a factory reset to eliminate that possibility. It's still slowly losing battery power while "charging" even after the hard reset. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions/opinions?

The EVO forums def aren't dead! Problem is, were all hiding out in the root forums :D. Seems everyone left is rooted.

As far as your battery issues, if the problem is occuring with multiple batteries and multiple chargers, it looks like the problem may be with the phone yourself. Do you have insurance?

Upvote 0
Nope, no insurance. I bought it used from a friend about 6 months ago when he switched to an iphone. Haven't has any real issues with it at all until recently. I'm beginning to think it may be a hardware issue after all. :(

Coincidentally, the first time I had a problem with it was on the morning my Sprint contract ended. Planned obsolescence? Lol

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I would use the external chargers. I got better charges from them than the HTC charger. However, that means you need to change the battery every so often. My USB port is still good after nearly 2 years so it paid off using the external chargers and not wearing the USB port. It doesn't bother me to have to change them but many don't like the hassle. From what you have posted, it sounds like the USB port is faulty (even if the light is coming on). This is a fairly common issue with the EVO

Reactions: Instinct User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones