• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery low warning disable-able?

stubb21

Lurker
Jan 28, 2011
Found some info about this on other phones but not EVO specifically.

So is it possible to turn off that 15% battery low warning? Don't care much about the flashing light but hate that I cannot control my music from the lock screen when the battery is low.

Thanks for any info!

Have tried but not found away on an unrooted Evo. Might have to be rooted for this type of control. That said, the low battery warning is a protective measure to prevent total completion of the battery (which can render Lithium batteries completely useless), but I think the battery itself has a electronic trigger that will shut down the battery to prevent full drainage. Once LI batteries get fully drained, even just once, they won't be rechargeable.

Upvote 0
Have tried but not found away on an unrooted Evo. Might have to be rooted for this type of control. That said, the low battery warning is a protective measure to prevent total completion of the battery (which can render Lithium batteries completely useless), but I think the battery itself has a electronic trigger that will shut down the battery to prevent full drainage. Once LI batteries get fully drained, even just once, they won't be rechargeable.

It's my understanding that our phones may show 1% or 0% and turn off, but they aren't actually at that percentage.

Ex. Our battery icon may say 0-100% which happens to fall within the 20%-80% range of our true battery life.

Upvote 0
Ya that makes sense about protecting the battery. I dont let it get below 5% but sometimes when I'm finishing up a workout it gets below 15 then I cant control the music without unlocking, just a PIA really.

I am rooted by the way. Doesnt make sense that you can change practially everything else including the boot screen yet cant disable a simple warning...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones