• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery management after update?

Cumby

Sep 19, 2010
I only had my Droid X a few days before the update came out so I dont have anything to compare to. I have read that the update has built in to it something to kill running apps after some time and that you shouldnt run any app killer program. My battery life has not been very good even after the update. I have removed advanced task killer in hopes it would improve. I think I have returned my settings to where they were when i got the phone, hoping the update would make a difference over time. I just made these changes today, but am thinking somethings not right. I just looked at my running apps and I counted about 70 apps/programs running, many of which I havent even used today. Is the phone supposed to be killing these apps after a certain amount of time, or do I have to constantly manually close them? What do you have to do to manage this?

Reactions: queenrocks77
Upvote 0
I think I did a little better today. Im at 60% at the end of the day with typical use for me. I did find out that I had GPS on. Turned it off which Im sure is helping. What I dont get is I see tons of apps and services running, many of which I did not start. This has to be killing my battery, yet I read where some people were saying not to use an app killer program because that is built into the upgrade. If thats the case why do my apps continue to run? So, should you have to continually go into applications and kill running apps manually all day? Not sure I get that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones