Battery managerSupport

Last Updated:

1. droblyer

droblyer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So can somebody explain in detail what the three settings do. Been having problems with wifi randomly cutting offand thought it might be something to do with this as I've been using the battery saver setting.

Advertisement
  2. droblyer

Not sure why this was moved as it is a setting on the droid x and I had it in the droid x section? Anyway somebody has to know what changes the three battery options make?

3. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

Obviously your asking about a setting on the phone which would be classified as support.

That being said, Battery Saver disables data sync after (by default) 15 minutes of inactivity regardless of the time of day.

Smart mode disables data sync after 15 minutes of inactivity only after a certain time at night (off-peak hours) which you can customize. Pressing a button instantly restores data sync until it times out again during off-peak hours. It keeps the data connection enabled during on-peak hours regardless.

And finally Performance mode keeps data sync enabled at all times and also sets your CPU to stay at 1Ghz instead of scale based on load (pretty sure performance mode does this, thats what I've heard at least).

You can customize off-peak hours in smart mode, as well as the duration before it times out and disables data sync in both battery saver and smart mode.

4. droblyer

I should have been more specific. I know it kills data as it says that in the program. Exactly what all is (data)? Does (data) include wifi,gps, and bluetooth?

5. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I think data refers to the data sync setting which, when disabled, prevents apps from connecting to the internet. But, on 2.2 you have more options, and when you pick one that disables data sync, it specifically says "During this time the phone will not sync any data.", which contributes more to it being the data connection (things like AppBrain, Gmail, and other apps that sync every so often), which would be strictly wifi/3g. GPS and bluetooth are not part of the data connection so they would not be disabled during that time.

I could be wrong as I have my phone set to performance and never messed around with the settings much, but that is my understanding of it.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't really disable 3g, it just prevents apps from using it to transmit data. You will still receive calls and other things that take place over 3g if your phone has the data sync disabled.