Battery Meter Increases On RestartSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rivent

Rivent New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I got my Droid X on release day and I'm loving it, but I've noticed a bit of a weird issue. I don't charge my phone in the course of a day... letting the battery drain as much as possible before plugging it in... but several times now I've noticed that my battery meter actually increases when I restart the phone. Yesterday I drained it to 20%, restarted the phone, and it was at 70%. Tonight it got down to 40%, I restarted it, and now it's at 80%... and these aren't just fluke readings that go away after 5-10 minutes... the battery drains consistently from that percentage point. Has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know why it's doing this/how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I believe Motorola is issuing a fix for that in their update coming very soon.

3. lolwut5

lolwut5 Active Member

i was getting ready to post this actually.. it said i had 10% plugged it in the charger all of a sudden i have 40% weirdd...

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Should be fixed in the next OTA update rumored to show up tomorrow, the 19th

5. lolwut5

lolwut5 Active Member

i hope it does its bustin my balls..

6. Gskellig

Gskellig Well-Known Member

I have had similar and even weirder battery issues.
    Hoping motorola has a fix soon.
    Don't even get me started on the crazy shit that my droidx has been doing. Took like 3 hours to charge to 10% earlier. The more I use it the better it seems to get though.

All lithium batteries have very odd charge/discharge curves that are hard to keep track of.

ANY lithium battery will last longer if you keep it higher than 20-30% charged though. Lots of draining it to 0% is bad for it.

7. jp3_99

jp3_99 Active Member

Mine also has this issue. I was at 30% earlier and upon a restart it showed 70%. Hope its going to get fixed in the update.

8. Got Droid

Got Droid Active Member

9. masse

masse Well-Known Member

I wonder if those of us with battery life issues will have some problems resolved also with the update...

10. lolwut5

lolwut5 Active Member

so far... no update

11. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

This is probably why the BatteryLeft widget is completely screwy too.

12. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Well-Known Member

Totally agreed, i removed batteryleft because it was way different then my actual battery meter.....and yeah i've been having some crazy changes in battery % upon a restart...please fix with an OTA.

13. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I am convinced it takes a couple of days to calibrate. Mine is absolutely accurate now and lasts forever.

14. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

After 9 Hours off the charger I just restarted with 40% battery left. It rebooted at 70%.

15. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine has done the same thing on a reboot or a battery pull.

16. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Yesterday my phone rocked my socks off with the long battery life. Today, I just hit 20%....restarted and now I'm at 50%....drives me crazy cause I don't know what's causing it. Still waiting on Motorola's update that will hopefully fix it

17. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member

Similar experience, I rebooted from 10% (red) becuase I had been hearing stories like this now i went to green.

Can we get a couple suggestions for battery monitoring widgets? (I don't need temps or anything just one that show a larger image and mroe detail than the stock battery symbol on the top bar of my x)

Thanks Thanks

18. Kcpilotguy

Kcpilotguy New Member

Just experienced it for the first time. Was at twenty percent then it did something when I pulled it out of the case it said droid and reset and the battery was up to seventy percent. Very weird.

19. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Do the system update. This was fixed the other day.

20. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I am a firm believer in letting the phone die on its own. Then restarted to RE-CALIBRATE the battery meter circuit.

HOWEVER, Does anyone's DX report battery percentages in increments smaller that 10%. IE I would like to know how well my battery charger (car) is working with finer measurements than 50% or 60% or whatever.

21. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I am running the Apex rom 1.3.3 with Android 2.3.340 OTA update. I have the battery left widget and also the Seidio extended 2800mah battery. My percentages go lower than 10% and 5%, actually my phone has been sitting at 1% system reading for the last 3 hours!

The phone rebooted at 5% on its own, but not with the usual pop up that says the system is shutting down. It just shut down on its own and rebooted with about 5%.

This is so not cool. Anybody know if Gingerbread OS has fixed this issue?

22. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

The problem is your oversized battery. You should calibrate the phone so it knows the size of the battery. You need to be rooted to do this.

Charge your phone to 100% and with it still plugged in, go into droid x recovery bootstrap and under advanced, delete your battery stats, then boot back into android, unplug your charger and run the battery down until it shuts down. Charge it back to 100%. Your battery stats should be better after that.